Glenna's Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

October 18, 2006

Day 3 - Glenna faired well through the first half of the day. She has actually kept her food down all day and her blood pressure has remained pretty stable and at a level that is what is needed for her to continue the treatment. On the flip side, because she has had continuous treatment, she's not feeling very well. She's sleeping alot and when awake, has very little desire to do too much. She has read her emails a couple of times and checked her blog comments; but even reading, makes her feel queazy and tires. They still don't want her to get up and walk around because of the importance of keeping her blood pressure level, so she's getting pretty fidgety and frustrated. She's tried some exercising in bed when she feels OK, but this treatment is taking it's toll. We all knew it would be rough, and in our hearts we know that's why it's going to do its job. The nurses in this hospital are really amazing - so caring and attentive to Glenna (what's not to love?). Her college buddy, Meg Eldridge (Salve) works right here on this floor. She's not Glenna's nurse, but comes in many times a day to chat and cheer her up (and us) and get her anything she wants. Under these stressful circumstances, things are OK. She loves hearing from all of you, but at this point still does not feel like talking on the phone. She's extremely anxious to get back at home for a much needed R&R. Jacob is home talking care of house and Patrick (and Gilda), so if anyone wants to give him a call to say hi, I know he'd appreciate it too. She sends her love to all of you and I have passed on all your hellos and comments. Talk to you tomorrow...........Love, Mama Kohl

11 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll be the first to leave a comment today...Glenna it seems like Mama K-dawg has got this blog thing down pat I must say I'm really impressed! What's next mama k-dawg on myspace?! You should try and get a lil Ellen in your day that might help make you feel better ;) I'm thinkin bout you pretty much every other second of the day. Keep kickin ass and staying strong!! I love you Piggy! and of course the rest of the Kohl fam! :-*

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning Sweetie!
    Hope you had a decent night...I may be coming to B-town later - anything you need from home I can bring?
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXXO
    Babs

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning Guys!

    I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of all of you! Everyone here at HW sends their love!

    Shannon & Haley send their love too!!!

    Love,
    Erin

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    STAY STRONG GLENNA!!! YOU ARE SOO AMAZING!!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey i actually did figure it out! just wanted to say hey again! haha read my email and this will all make sense to you!!
    LOVE YOU
    xoxoxox

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! it did work!! hahah well just saying hello again! I love you and miss....read my email and this will all make sense!!
    MUCH LOVE!!
    xoxox

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, My love. Taking things day by day is the best thing. I will keep safe aslong as you do the same. I miss you and love you.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want to be there:( glenna i love you so much

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Glenna! We are thinking of you and missing you! The schnoodle misses you as well! Mama Kohl is doing a great job with the blog! Talk to you soon, Love Logan

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Mer & Pete said…

    Hi Glenna,
    So great that your mom has this up and running for all of us to keep in such great contact and to know how things are going. There are some ragrats from the Wilmington School where Kev teaches that have been up to their elbows the crayola's - you should see their "works of arts" very soon!
    Big hug to you from the Leona Lane gang, Love, Pete, Mer Keveney and of course Murphy!

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Glenna & Ween,
    It was sooooo great to see you all last week and we are so glad to be able to keep track of each day this way, so thank you Colleen on top of everything for keeping us informed. I hate reading all that Glenna is going through but I know if anyone can hang in there and keep the nurses smiling, it is the lovely and sunny Glenna! We will try you next week when you are all home, but meantime our love and constant thoughts are with all of yous.
    Tedi, Joey & Anna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home