Dads back!
Thought of the day:If I type with one finger am I typing or texting?Anyway;keep in mind that I can't be held accountable for any medical terms misspelled.I think there is probably a medical version of spellcheck but we don't have it here.
I'll start with yesterday.Glenna's recovery from the surgery was a bit bumpy as there was a problem with the {epidural} that feeds the medication into her lower spine to control the pain.Her day was filled with doctors and nurses asking,poking,adjusting and readjusting with little or no success alleviating the pain in her belly.Her headache was was determined to be from the epidural and was easily controlled by laying flat.Many women experience these things with childbirth.I'm learning allot!To make a long day short ;Colleen hesitantly left at 3:30;Glenna's pain was brought under control and she and I managed a nights sleep.The other details of the day are best forgotten.
Today;the good news they just removed the epidural and gave a {blood patch} that is to prevent the headache.She will now have a different pain management and less tubes connected to let her get up and start moving around the floor.She passed gas; normally I wouldn't mention this but this is a very important in respect to the success of the surgery.
As we all know there is always the not so good news.The headache came back and how long it will last depends on who you talk to.All the nurses that have had epidurals with childbirth are relating their experience to Glenna.I'm no help in this.The rest of the day will be a lot of wait and sees.It is so inspiring to see her smile and take things in stride!We are looking forward to a few laps around the floor later on today and maybe she can start on some food and water.
Over and out for now:Capt.K
I'll start with yesterday.Glenna's recovery from the surgery was a bit bumpy as there was a problem with the {epidural} that feeds the medication into her lower spine to control the pain.Her day was filled with doctors and nurses asking,poking,adjusting and readjusting with little or no success alleviating the pain in her belly.Her headache was was determined to be from the epidural and was easily controlled by laying flat.Many women experience these things with childbirth.I'm learning allot!To make a long day short ;Colleen hesitantly left at 3:30;Glenna's pain was brought under control and she and I managed a nights sleep.The other details of the day are best forgotten.
Today;the good news they just removed the epidural and gave a {blood patch} that is to prevent the headache.She will now have a different pain management and less tubes connected to let her get up and start moving around the floor.She passed gas; normally I wouldn't mention this but this is a very important in respect to the success of the surgery.
As we all know there is always the not so good news.The headache came back and how long it will last depends on who you talk to.All the nurses that have had epidurals with childbirth are relating their experience to Glenna.I'm no help in this.The rest of the day will be a lot of wait and sees.It is so inspiring to see her smile and take things in stride!We are looking forward to a few laps around the floor later on today and maybe she can start on some food and water.
Over and out for now:Capt.K


7 Comments:
At 1:03 PM,
Anonymous said…
Capt. K,
Has anyone told you recently what a remarkable fellow you are? Keep the news flowing and please tell your girl we're so glad she passed gas! Love from all, me.
At 7:19 PM,
Anonymous said…
Capt. Bob,
Written and spoken like a true salt of the earth, because you are!
I don't mean to leave anyone else out,,,,, your all awesome! but for no personal childbirth experience,,,,,,, your handling the epidural blog just fine,
What do they say about hero's? There made not born,,,,,,,,, you fit the bill Captain,,,,,,, hats off to first make Jake and - Girl Captain Colleen!
Your ship is full of love!
You guys give new meaning "to hanging in there" can any one of us be anything but amazed and awed
and completely and incredibly proud of each of you. If our energy towards you has any effect, and I believe it does,,, then the seas will calm - and you guys can take a breathe.
love you all,
m and p
At 7:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
i like how dad leaves a thought of the day. didn't see mom do that. Im so happy to hear that glenna is smiling and walking about the halls. it was so good to talk to you today sis. i pumped extra iron for you today. so my muscles are extra sore for you. your a tremendous fihter glenna and i love you so much!!!! i wish so much that i could be there. talk to you guys soon
At 9:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
Lots of prayers and hugs for you going out of central MA! You all are quite a team... strong and mighty warriors!! Hope you're up and taking laps as I type this. Get lots of rest afterwards for tomorrow is a new day and a day full of healing is planned for you!! Amen to that!! All our love sent to all of you, LB and David
At 9:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
Captain Bob....great thought! Although I do text with two fingers..it's faster! I'm glad to hear that things are still making progress in the right direction! Go glennie gooooooooooo!!! fight body fight!!! lots of love. Thinking of you all the time! I love you lots and I admire your strength and amazing-ness everyday! Muah!
At 11:38 AM,
Anonymous said…
A big Ditto to all comments above - you are all an inspirtation to the rest of us. Here' hoping Glenna will be doing laps today, eating solids next and home on Cape recuperating soon. And there could be no other wish for Weener Dog Day than for Glenna Pie to continue to grow strong and heal. Love and prayers.
Tedski
At 6:37 AM,
Anonymous said…
Good morning to you both, Glenna and Bobby. Just want you to know I took "GOOD" care of wiener on her birthday night. Can't wait to have you both home. Glenna walk those halls today but go slow so your dad can keep up. I am leaving for NYC and will check in when I get back. I love you all.
Gayle
Post a Comment
<< Home