Glenna's Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2006

October 21, 2006

Hello to all you Glenna fans! Cap'n Bob and I are down in the computer room checking emails, so I thought I'd send out an early blog update.
First of all - Gayle, I wanted you to know that your comment finally came through (re: Steak Au Pouive - so funny/Glenna will love it). But I replied to your email (to rckohl) last night and it came back undelivered, so I don't know what's up with that. I'll talk to you today.
Glenna had her last dose at 11p.m. last night and had another miserable, no-sleep night, so she's been feeling crumby today. But her blood pressure has remained stable and they have stopped most of the drugs she was getting and will keep her monitored all day to make sure she is ready and able to remove her tubes and get her ready to LEAVE. We're hoping tonight she will get a restful sleep. Her worst symptoms are her fluid retention which makes her very uncomfortable. Her face is the worst - it's very hot and dry and she's having a reaction in her mouth that she says feels like when you drink something too hot and your tongue is burning. They said that is normal for this treatment and are giving her something to relieive it.
Jacob and Adam are driving up now and will spend the afternoon with her - she can't wait to see them. She really is anxious to be back in touch with all of her friends, but we have to ask that you give her time. She will want at least a couple of days at home to rest and let the fluids leave her body, and then she should be feeling pretty good. Today is the first day she actually wanted to go on and read her emails (it's probably going to take her all day) but she will eventually get all your messages and either reply or call soon. We ask that once she's home, please check with one of us to see how she's feeling and if she wants company - please, no drop ins. She's too nice to say no, but she'll let us know what she wants and when.
Eating is still a struggle, but again, we're hoping that will improve after today. Thank you, Lauren so much for dropping off the food - even though Glenna couldn't eat any of it yet, we enjoyed it immensly! So far Glenna's diet has consisted of small bites of yogurt, mashed potatoes, applesause and lots of water.
Thanks Haley and Shannon for sending Glenna your sweet messages - she's thinking of you guys too and I know it would cheer her up if she could see your cute little faces.
Tomorrow will be a wonderful day - getting out and getting home will be the best medicine of all. She's determined to continue to get strong throughout the week to prepare her for another week of this torture.
Love to you all, and will write again before we leave here.
Love from The Kohls

3 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love you guys

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Mer & Pete said…

    Hey Ms. Glenna,

    So glad tomorrow is a "home" trip for you! You have hung in there so amazingly!
    Just for you Pete and Bob straightened out that pesky Rte. 3, and got rid of that troublesome rotary and made it a quick "flyover" to CC , just for YOU!
    Lots and lots of Love,
    The Loane Gang

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got this down now! Good morning sweetheart! The sun is shining and a gorgeous day to welcome you home. Colleen and Bobby, Call me when you feel up to it. I'm sure you were so surprised that your email got returned! I'll send another one. Going to town if there is anything you need, call my cell. Glenna, I'll blow a kiss to you as I go by.
    Love Gayle XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home