Glenna's Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Kohl Sadness

Hello friends,
I hate to report any more sadness, but wanted to let you all know collectively, that our little Mary was injured yesterday. She was hit by a car on Race Lane when she slipped out under the fence. I scooped her up and my wonderful neighbor, Nancy, drove me to the emergency vet in Buzzards Bay. After many tests & x-rays, she has no broken bones, but has two issues - air surrounding her lungs which makes it difficult to breath, and her most concerning issue is swelling in her head/brain. They don't know yet if its just fluid from the trauma that will go away soon, or if it is hemorraging. She is in an oxygen tent, and on pain and other meds to keep her calm and help her to heal. She made it through her first night last night, and I am going down to see her at noon and will be talking to the doctor about any news.
Please keep praying for Mary. We hope with time she pulls through OK. Their fears are that she may have brain damage that could or could not be helped.
I don't need to tell you all how upsetting this is for us. I am telling myself that if for any reason she doesn't pull through - it's because Glenna wanted her with her, and she will take her. That's the only way I can deal with this.
Love and prayers to Marilyn......MK

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keeping Mary in my prayers... xoxo
    -SS

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Weener, will surely be praying for Mary (and for her buddy Patrick whom I sure misses her) LB

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love and prayers to Mary xoxox

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger William said…

    xoxoxo to mary...... will

     

Post a Comment

<< Home