Sunday, October 29
Hello again, My apologies for disappearing for this last week. We have spent a quiet, restful week at home. I know Glenna has finally contacted alot of you; but she did what she needed to do this week. She spent some wonderful one-on-one time Dad, and enjoyed the rest and relaxation so needed before the upcoming week. I had my busy job to keep me preoccupied, but enjoyed nothing more than our family time each evening. We had a wonderful visit from cousin Mike from New Orleans. He came to see Glenna and was here for a little birthday celebration for his brother/Glenna's cousin, Alex.
We are leaving this afternoon to head back to Boston. Jacob and Adam will be there with us through dinner. We plan to have a quiet dinner at the apartment, maybe a walk to view the pumpkin spectacular on the common, and then early to bed. She checks in at 9:00 am and will probably start her treatment at 3pm. It's heartbreaking to know she has to go through this again, but in some ways, knowing what to expect will make it easier. Spending Halloween in the hospital won't be any fun, so if any of you have any "FUNNY" halloween emails or comments, I know she'd appreciate them.
I'll sign off for now and say another BIG thank you to everyone who has helped to make our lives easier and better these last two weeks. We've been eating like kings. I think we've all gained weight! I will once again update this blog daily to let you know how our girl is doing. I know she will be strong and get through the week fine. Pray long and hard that this invasive treatment does the trick. She deserves a big break in her life now.
We will have some information for everyone next week about an event coming up on December 1. Meg T. has put together some plans for an awareness night for Glenna. It will be at the restaurant, Loca, in Newport, RI, and ALL are invited. Once I get all the details, I will be sending them out to everyone.
Bye for now, Love, Mama Kohl
We are leaving this afternoon to head back to Boston. Jacob and Adam will be there with us through dinner. We plan to have a quiet dinner at the apartment, maybe a walk to view the pumpkin spectacular on the common, and then early to bed. She checks in at 9:00 am and will probably start her treatment at 3pm. It's heartbreaking to know she has to go through this again, but in some ways, knowing what to expect will make it easier. Spending Halloween in the hospital won't be any fun, so if any of you have any "FUNNY" halloween emails or comments, I know she'd appreciate them.
I'll sign off for now and say another BIG thank you to everyone who has helped to make our lives easier and better these last two weeks. We've been eating like kings. I think we've all gained weight! I will once again update this blog daily to let you know how our girl is doing. I know she will be strong and get through the week fine. Pray long and hard that this invasive treatment does the trick. She deserves a big break in her life now.
We will have some information for everyone next week about an event coming up on December 1. Meg T. has put together some plans for an awareness night for Glenna. It will be at the restaurant, Loca, in Newport, RI, and ALL are invited. Once I get all the details, I will be sending them out to everyone.
Bye for now, Love, Mama Kohl


6 Comments:
At 9:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Glenna Love and Colleen, Bobby and all. Thinking of you extra hard this week. Will email our Halloween picture as I think it will make you all laugh. I don't know what got into me - it's like I was channelling you Weener - all decked out. Snowing liike crazy here and Anna is cross country skiing! All our love and prayers. Joey, Tedi & Anna.
At 7:46 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Glen- thinking of you today. The girls said they'd heard from you and I'm so glad to hear you had a restful week. Be strong this week.
CP dressed up as a bird watcher on Saturday. On her shoulder, she had 2 pink birds and we thought the scientific name for them would be "summerous passiones". Yeah. Binoculars and everything. We all missed you a lot!
I love you.
Lauren
At 8:55 AM,
Anonymous said…
one last thing - Colleen, if you wouldn't mind posting Glenna's new address?
Thanks!
-Lauren
At 9:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
Goodluck this week Glenna and family. I know you can do this. Just hang in there and think positive thoughts. Happy early Halloween to you guys I know how your family loves this holiday. Hopefully mama kohl set out the bloody babydoll for Jacob and patricks enjoyment ha. I've tried to think of a great halloween costume for school tomorrow but i have nothing. Oh also ps I came across some old classic photos probly from freshman year of college and we are BEAUTIES! thinkin of you always, love you lots, you're a trooper and I know everything will be ok. LOVE YOU KOHL FAMILY. :) Jules
At 9:48 AM,
Anonymous said…
Glenna, sending heartfelt thoughts to you and the family for a week that will move swiftly and a little more gently on. You've got your spirit in a good place so I know you are ready for the treatments to work their magic. Let us know if you need ANYTHING!
XOXO
Babs et al
At 8:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
hi glenna!! hope ur 2nd week is goin alright...so i was lara croft for halloween...i think next year, we should do a theme...all of us from 11 ann...maybe we can dress up as eachother! haha...neway i miss u...hi kohls!! hope to talk to u soon
xoxoxox
Post a Comment
<< Home