Glenna's Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 24

Day 4 of treatment:
Well, we knew the first two days were too good to be true. Yesterday was a bad day for Glenna. After her treatment, they gave her a pass to leave the hospital for the night. Just as she was settling in to a relaxing evening at the lodge, she started developing a bad pain in her stomach which progressed all night. She had to come back to the hospital where they did an X-ray to see if they could determine the cause. All they could tell at that point was that she was horribly constipated. But they can't just prescribe the normal cure for constipation, as she has a tumor in her bowel that they do not want to irritate. This morning when the pain was no better, they decided to do a cat scan to look into it further. The scan does show that the tumor has been moving around and has likely been causing the blockage and irritation to the bowel They are going to do a couple of procedures to try to "clear her out" today and hope that all pain will be gone. Meanwhile, they have cleared her to go ahead with the chemo as scheduled (although a bit late).

We're very thankful that they are going ahead with treatment. If she can get through all of this for the next week and receive her cells and tolerate some IL2 for awhile - she'll be off and running!

Jacob is still here and has postponed his return for another day. He will be leaving tomorrow and if all goes well, I will be leaving (temporarily) on Monday. Until the next time......MK

4 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh fudge!! I hated reading this and that Glenna has to endure this and all the other crap but I can only pray and think positive that they moved the blockage and then full speed ahead. Who else but the darling Glenna could have turned me into a regular church goer??? All our love and prayers.
    Tedi, Joey and Anna

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I second what Tedi said... I hope they have "moved it along" by now, it can be incredibly painful. Poor Peanut, I wish I could give you giant hugs. You're always in our prayers, LB and David XOXOXOXOX

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi all,
    I miss you all so much! But can't wait for those little pac men to kill all those cancer cells and bring you home! My whole family...Martha, Bonnie, Leslie and Bob, Karen and Ian, Aunt June, Sonny, Lauren, Mathew send lots of hugs and kisses to all of you. But especially your biggest fan... Myra. We love you and miss you everyday.
    Love, Gayle

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Good Morning Kohl Family! I was wondering if you could write the address to where you are all staying. Sometimes the best thing is a little note in the mailbox to brighten your spirits. I'd love to send some things your way down there if possible.

    Hang in there trooper!

    xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home