Glenna's Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Last Day in Maryland

Yippee! Today was Glenna's final day at the hospital. She had her eyes checked and her hearing checked; and then had her 2nd ear injection (which was almost as painful as the first!). Then back to her room for lots of training on her meds and how to take care of her line (which she has to leave in until she comes back in two weeks). Auntie Jeanne came down this morning to help us get out of here. It was a comedy of errors seeing the three of us leaving her room with massive luggage and bags in crutches and a wheelchair - which didn't quite fit into the shuttle van. They put me up on a lift and the chair was too wide. Meanwhile, I'm wearing reindeer antlers that were given to us by the ear doctor. Jeanne almost peed her pants laughing at the whole scene.

So we are at the lodge now, just had a delicious dinner and are about to go to bed. Tomorrow morning we will take the shuttle into Maryland early, and head to Boston (if we don't get snowed in) by afternoon. It's been a long haul, and we're all very glad to be going home again (especially Glenna). Next time we see you all, it will be on good old Cape Cod.

Until then, much love, MK

9 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Won't be there to welcome you with open arms, but know that our hearts are waiting expectantly for your return to Cape Cod. What a blessing we've all been given! Peace & Love

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    I am praying you guys dint get snowed in and are able to make it home TONIGHT!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    I am praying you guys dint get snowed in and are able to make it home TONIGHT!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My goodness! First of all MK, what the heck, I can't believe it. Your poor ankles. And Piggy your coming home!! Weeeeeee!! I'm so proud of you. Finally. What a month. Well, we are right around the corner, let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you. Hope the trip home is safe! Can't wait to see everyone. Love yous

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh man, I think I woulda paid money to see that sight of the fiasco you just described!! ;) Hope you guys made it home ok. Now you all should just vedge out and relax and watch the snowfall this weekend. Mama K-dawg hope your ankles are getting better and Piggy way to go on being so strong and doing GREAT!! Let me know if you need anything. Hope to see you soon. Love yas! :)

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you're finally coming home Glenna!!! You are such a trooper and we are so proud of everything you've accomplished not only this month but through all of this. I can't wait to spend a little QT with you on the cape:) Have a safe flight and please let me know if you need ANYTHING. Colleen, I cannot believe your spill...I'm so sorry, that is the last thing you deserve. I can imagine your amazingly positive outlook on the whole situation though and picturing you w/antlers is enough to make me smile:)

    Love you all more than you know,
    Kelle

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May the Lord be with you all the way and every day! Col, was the ankle as bad as the time you annihilated it playing raquetball?
    I mean, it was black, purple AND blue. Love to all of you! LB&DP

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Glenna!
    Stephanie sent me the link to your Blog yesterday!. Hope you like the Cd "Thank You Goodnight! I know you like Jack Johnson. I thought of you!
    Glad you are home!

    Max

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! I miss a few days checking in on the blog and this is wha transpires? Ween, you lean, mean, Klutz machine! Why didn't you call 1-800-ABBE-HELP? Anyhoo, you should all be home by now and settlng in for much needed R&R. Will try to call next week but this is a wonderful present to hear Glenna is home!!!
    Love Tedski

     

Post a Comment

<< Home