Glenna's Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday, Dec 11th

Have I said before......Just when you think all is well......Well I'm saying it again. Glenna is fine, but yesterday during our nice outing in Bethesda, we had a great lunch, and were leaving the restaurant to walk some more before heading back to the hospital....and I (Mom, MK, aka "spazz") didn't see the curb coming and fell off and down on both ankles. Hurt like hell, but I kept saying, let me just sit here a minute and I will be fine. But I wasn't fine, and had to be carted off to the ER for XRays. Glenna stayed at her hospital and waited. After several hours it was determined that nothing was broken (thank god) but both feet were sprained. My right ankle severly (you should see the egg on it) and my left foot had a slight sprain in the top of the foot. So basically, I can't put full weight on either foot yet. I'm hobbling on crutches and hoping the left foot will feel better soon, so I can be more mobile. Geeeeesh - do you believe it? Poor Glenna, just when she was starting to be more active and mobile herself, now this happens. I feel like such a clutz! Seriously though, she is pretty upset about it. Not only does she feel bad for me, but her main caretaker is disabled so she feels a little lost. Physically she is doing well, but her hearing is really bothering her. And that creates a balance issue, so she's not feeling really stable and cannot hear anybody when they talk to her - what she hears is very muffled. I talk very loud to her, so she's OK, but if someone doesn't know, she misses out on what they're saying until we fill them in. Frustrating. But she's been a great help to me since yesterday - waiting on me and making sure I ice up every few hours. She'll be a great mom someday.

We may have either Bob or Jeanne come down to help us home on Thursday, unless I'm feeling alot better by then. But I've been told to stay off my feet as much as possible for awhile and Glenna can't do it all. I know she'll feel much better if Dad or Auntie come down.

Well, as Rosanna-danna says, if its not one thing, its another......but we are both going to take it real easy and just get ourselves home and not let anything else stand in our way. Wish us luck!

Until later......Mama (Spazzmo) Kohl

6 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh man!!! damn those curbs you never know when they will sneak up on you. I'm glad that nothing is broken but I'm sure you are in some serious pain. eeek. I think you and Glenna could you some reinforcements to make sure you both make it home safe and sound! Enjoy a day of relaxing and stay off your feet weenie!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    That just stinks with a capital INK!!! You poor girls, hopefully Capt Bob will be coming to your rescue and nothing else happens before you get home on Thursday. Keep those heads up and the chuckles going as you are headed to the finish line - Just a little bit longer and when you get home hopefully you remember where are the curbs and sharp edges are! I love you guys so much and am looking forward to giving you both a BIG HUG next weekend (the 22nd) when I am back on the Cape! Hang in there and sing some Christmas tunes to keep those spirits up!!
    lots and lots of LOVE!! ~a

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    IM SORRY, I CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH
    JUST A LITTLE. I'VE DONE THAT SO MANY TIMES WHEN I DELIVERED MAIL.
    UGGHHHH.

    I WISH I COULD BE THERE TO HELP OUT.
    TAKE CARE AND HOPE YOU'RE BOTH HOME SAFELY.
    LOVE STEPH

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WD! I can't believe it! I really hope you're ok...have a lot going on in that mind of yours or what?!?

    I feel bad I can't help out. Please take it easy...both of you. I can't wait for you both to be back home!

    With love,
    Erin

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice going Ankles McGee.

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no!! I am just catching up. Can't miss a day with all of you! It s the wee hours of Sat. morning and I hope you will be better today Colleen, when you wake up. I will catch up with all of you later.
    Love, Gayle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home