Glenna's Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday, November 14th

Hello friends, Just a very quick note to tell all of you how very appreciative we all are for your notes, comments, support, love and goodies that have continued to come our way. We read all the loving and supportive messages to Glenna daily, and she loves hearing from everyone. It means so much to all of us to have such a huge circle of love around us. She continues to go through each day with grace and perseverance. Her nurses and doctors are amazed at her inner strength - but we have always known and loved that strength in her. She sends her love out to everyone, and as we have told most of you who call and want to see her, she prefers to rest and not have visitors most of the time. But we do tell her you want to see her, and a few very short, quiet visits may be possible. We always check with her first.
Please know that we treasure you all and the time you spend caring for the Kohl family. It will never be forgotten.
Love, MK

34 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the midst of the move to Colorado, I am thinking of you all daily and sending love and prayers. Keep strong precious Glenna and know we are sending our love and our prayers. Tedi

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thinking of Glenna and the whole Kohl family...with lots of love and prayers!!!

    Erik, Erin, Shannon, Haley & Kira Cabral

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our thoughts and our prayers along with many well wishes are with Glenna and the entire Kohl family. Not a day goes by that we are not thinking about you all.

    -The Fowler family

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sooooo glad to hear from you... thank you for keeping this blog going. Without it I'm sure your phone would jingle right off the hook! My sister sends her love and prayers from Colorado ( she thinks of you a lot and I want you to know.) There are many others in our circle of friends who do the same. WE ALL LOVE YOU GLENNA AND FAMILY and are in awe of Glenna's grace and perseverance you spoke of Col! WHAT A WOMAN!
    Anyway, I hope this note gives you some cheer. Don't give up honey... keep drinking in all the supportive words people send. We will hold up our end and pray pray pray. Sending an 18-wheeler full of love and hugs and kisses, LB and David

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Again, with everyone else, thank you for keeping us up to date.
    we love you all and thinking of you every minute of our days.

    love stephanie

    kisses to glenna

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family - Thank you for keeping us updated.

    We want you to know that we think of you every day and hold each and every one of you close to our hearts and in our prayers.

    We also wanted to let Glenna know that Mary has an neighbor down the street, his name is Ollie and he is Mattea's Cock-a-Poo. If Mary is anything like Ollie, (we've been told most Cock-a Poos are) I'm sure her antics keep you all laughing and on your toes.

    With love, strength and prayers,
    Karen, Mattea and Andy Norton

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I and my family have been closely following every piece of info on Glenna since we had the pleasure of meeting her. Being diagnosed with Stage 3 melanoma, Glenna is of course my hero and inspiration. I have NOTHING to complain about. I want you to know that she is my Hero and I only wish I could be as positive as she is. All our love, Jim, Maureen, Mike, Rosemary and Tim O'Neill

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Court keeps me updated too, because I know things are hectic for you all. You are all so incredible. I can't say it enough. Glenna - you're my inspiration. I pray for you everyday.

    Love to you all.

    Darcie Ouellette Coffey and her entire family

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Glenna, Colleen, Bobby and Jake,
    I am thinking of you all and send my love. Glenna, you continue to amaze us all with your courage and strength. I miss and love you dearly. I don't think that we got to tell you, but Lauren and I saw Matt Leach a few weeks ago! He was with his frat brothers and sadly did not have his drum sticks! :)
    Joe says hello and sends his love as well.
    Please let me know if I can do anything at all!
    Thinking of you all.
    All my love,
    Crystal

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello !!!

    Court and I just had dinner and she got to update me on Glenna and the whole Kohl family. You guys are truly AMAZING!!!! I was also at church this moment and said a prayer for each and every one of you!!!
    Please give Glenna a big hug for me, I miss her and wish I could visit but totally understand this is a time for family and close friends. Please know that I am thinking of her everyday though!

    Much Love Meg E

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glenna, Colleen, Bobby, and Jake -

    I wanted to let you know that my parents and I are thinking about you and Glenna every day. Glenna is in our thoughts and prayers and we are sending positive wishes your way. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

    With Love,
    The Buntich Family

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We include Glenna and your family in Olivia's nightly prayers. We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Joe, Alicia and Olivia Henderson

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glenna,
    Though I have not reached out before, I think of you often. I think of how similar our paths were, both of us running cross country and lifeguarding for years.
    You're a true inspiration and I tell your story to many. I can still remember that first day of freshman year sitting next to you in Mr. O'Toole's class, thinking 'with a name like Glenna (or Glinda as you were called!), she has to be sweet!' And you always were. Thank you.
    Take good care,
    Kate Klim (klate kim)

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hellooo Glenna, Colleen,Bobby and Jacob,
    Just wanted to say hello and I think about you all the time. Was looking through some old pictures and found more of all of through the years. Its so funny to see how much we have all changed. I look back on it and we had such a great times. From swimming in the lake playing King of the Mountain on the floating dock to making George Washington hair dews. I have so many great memories. Im so glad that I got to grow up with such an amazing person. My Mom,Dad and James send there love. You are in our prays.

    Much Love Katie Riley

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Glenna,
    By reading your blog it seems as though you have the biggest army of supporters and I wanted you to know that I am one of them. You are an inspiration for many and the biggest fighter I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I wish you much happiness, peace and love.

    ~Michele McKinnon

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glenna,
    I just wanted to check in on you. Curt and I
    wanted you to know that you are in our prayers
    and we are sending you big hugs!
    Say hello to your family from us.
    Love,
    Curt and Shonda Schilling

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love you lots Kohl Family:) -Julia

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger leahm615 said…

    Glenna,
    Been thinking about you, and wanted to say "hi!". You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,

    Leah McGonigle

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Treedom_Lighter said…

    Hi Glenna!

    Wanted to drop you a line and let you know the entire Price family (me, Danny, Abbey, Mom & Dad) send their love and prayers your way every day. You're such a beautiful person, it's easy for you to stay on our minds all the time :)

    ~Bobby Price

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Glenna and Family,
    My Mom and I send our love to you from Italy. You are in our thoughts every day. G, you continue to be a huge inspiration to me and so many. And I can't tell you enough how amazing I think you are. Hope the pic with you, Brooke and I at Millway gave you a smile because it makes me smile every day:) Love you lots.
    ~Alyssa & Sara Ringler

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thinking of you all with love and prayers.
    Elizabeth Vig.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Glenna and everyone,

    Aunt Nettie just sent me a cute picture of you and I from your visit out to Cali, it's of us staying warm in front of the fire pit, I put it up on my fridge. Thinking of you everyday. Love you all.

    -Em

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Glenna,

    You constantly remind us of all that is good in this world. Your compassion for others, your loving relationships, and your peaceful heart are inspiring. It is a joy to think of you as you "teach" us what it means to be fully alive and connected to what really matters---others. Please know that we are better people and teachers because our paths have crossed. You rock! . . . . and you always will.

    love

    Mary & Mike Gyra

    P.S. A special "hi" to your bro ("Flapjack")!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Glenna,

    I'm always thinking of you and I love you so so much. You are so strong, such a fighter, and such an amazing inspiration to us all. Though I am so far away you are always close in my heart. You're beautiful, and always have been, inside and out.
    I'm sending some love your way.
    xoxoxo,
    Rosie

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Glenna,

    I couldn't say it better than the Gyra's but I wanted to let you know that there isn't a day when Rory & I aren't thinking of you. You are an amazing soul - who inspires many with your strength, passion & love. Thank you for inspiring us. <3

    with love,

    jess & rory

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Glenna...you are so beautifully strong and brave. You are an inspiration to us all and we thank you for teaching us how to have courage. We are all with you in love, support and prayer. Patti, Dan, Leah, Rosie and Dave Scandurra

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our darling beautiful joyous Glenna,
    There are no words that can convey the admiration and appreciation we have for you and your parents and the gracious and courageous way your family has shared this journey. You are a light in our lives and we will always be grateful for having you part of our hearts.
    xoxo Mamagus

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger kim said…

    Colleen, Bobby and jake my heart hurts for you guys. You are enduring so much. Please use me for anything you need, I want to help!
    Glenna has always been such a gentle soul, I know she will move to a better place full of peace,and absent of heartache.
    Call on me for absolutely anything.
    Love,Kim and Bill, Emily & Ian too

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi glenna and the kohl family,
    I wanted to write to let you all know that you are in my prayers. Glenna you are such an inspiration to me. You have been such a good friend and I will always remember our goofy high school days that we shared growing up. I also wanted to let you all know that we are all here for you and anything you need to make this hard time in the least bit easier just let us know. I am thinking of you all every day. Stay Strong.
    Love,
    Brooke

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohls - Colleen, Bobby, Jake and Sweet Glenna - I know that you are surrounded by a wonderful network of loving and caring friends and family, but I want you to know that my family and I are here for you - no matter what you may need.

    I truly admire the honesty and courage that your family has been able to share and I pray that when you feel the time is right, you will let all of us who have shared in your journey continue to be there for you.

    Our heartfelt blessings and prayers
    to all of you.

    Love,
    Karen, Andy and Mattea Norton

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Gyra's said it best... You are truly amazing... with the most amazing family. The way you all have endured this challenge is an inspiration to us all. Your humility, compassion, courage and peaceful nature, through all of this is somthing that has changed the way so many of us view life, and the way we try to live it. You are an inspiration and a reminder of how precious and beautiful life really is.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    love to you all,
    -the Neary family

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love to all of you...

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jane wanted me to pass this message on to you....


    Dear Glenna,



    I love you and I miss you. Brooke let me know you were being taken care of by hospice and I want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. (I even started going to church on Sundays – it's a gay-friendly church - so San Francisco!). Glenna, you are the most beautiful and sweetest person I know. I am thinking about you constantly. If there is anything in the world I can do, please let me know. I miss you.



    Love,

    Jane

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glenna, You are such a beautiful and strong person. You are truly an inspiration. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Alexandra DiMaio

     

Post a Comment

<< Home