Overwhelming gratitude
My heart is so full of gratitude when I read these responses that we are getting. People who are going through their own unbearable heartache and problems, taking the time to consider what Glenna went through and thanking us for making it public. We are merely the vehicle that is helping Glenna to do what she wanted so badly to continue to do - to help let people know that there is a way to avoid the pain and suffering that she experienced.
Our hearts continue to heal, but we want you all to know that we will do whatever it takes to help her, help others. I know now that it will be a lifetime responsibility and pleasure for us to carry this on - and we hope someday to be able to stop - which will mean that a cure is found. Until then, we thank you for helping us feel good about our cause, knowing that we are not doing this in vain.
Love to all of you - those we know and those we hope to know.
MK
Our hearts continue to heal, but we want you all to know that we will do whatever it takes to help her, help others. I know now that it will be a lifetime responsibility and pleasure for us to carry this on - and we hope someday to be able to stop - which will mean that a cure is found. Until then, we thank you for helping us feel good about our cause, knowing that we are not doing this in vain.
Love to all of you - those we know and those we hope to know.
MK


3 Comments:
At 9:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
I just wanted to let you know after reading the article featured in cosmo I decided to have a skin exam because of a few suspicious moles on my chest and arms. Yesterday I had two moles removed for testing. The dermatologist was very happy that I came in at the age of 20 and told me that if in fact I have melanoma, it could be early enough. I just wanted to say thank you for bringing such vast awareness to this deadly disease and helping others. Just like Glenna never gave up I hope you never give up because you could be the difference in a young girls chances of life.
At 1:59 PM,
Anonymous said…
God bless you ... can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
Lots of love, many prayers, and warm thoughts.
At 12:43 PM,
kristin S said…
I read your daughters story in cosmo. I am a young melanoma survivor, i was diagnosed at 24 with melanoma.. at 26 they found a 2 inch lecion on my liver.. they can not remove due to the place but through biopsy feels that this is not melanoma but binen tumor..i was also a lifeguard, swim teacher and a tanning bed user.. i am now also trying to get the word about melanoma out there to prevent as many as i can from getting this.. i am part of the american cancer society and part of a skin cancer center that opened up near me.. God Bless you and your daughter would be so proud of your dedication of getting the word out!
Post a Comment
<< Home