Monday, October 30
Day 1 - Here we go again. Arrived in in bean-town Sunday afternoon and had a nice walk around the parks before relaxing at the apartment for the evening. Glenna checked in at 9am this morning to get "hooked up". Big surprise! She has a big, beautiful PRIVATE room with a great view. What a treat. Plenty of room for her 3 family nursemaids (me, Jeanne and Cap'n Bob). There's even a stationary bike and a fridge in the room - talk about plush. She had her first treatment at 3pm - so far, so good. We're hoping she will feel good through tomorrow to somewhat enjoy Halloween. It certainly won't be like any other year, but they have told us that some children from pediatrics will be visiting the floor for some trick-or-treating - what fun. And Auntie Jeanne and I are planning to wear some silly stuff to keep the spirits up. I doubt if we'll get the Captain to participate! (Barbara, you will love what we're wearing!).
Glenna is located on the same floor (14) of the Ellison Building. Her room is #1412A. We're keeping the same rules as the previous week - just call us if you have any questions.
That's about it for today. I will keep you posted daily, if I can. Glenna gets your comments sent directly to her email, and they are greatly appreciated.
Love and peace, M.K.
Glenna is located on the same floor (14) of the Ellison Building. Her room is #1412A. We're keeping the same rules as the previous week - just call us if you have any questions.
That's about it for today. I will keep you posted daily, if I can. Glenna gets your comments sent directly to her email, and they are greatly appreciated.
Love and peace, M.K.


12 Comments:
At 7:16 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi everyone! Just wanted you to know that in honor of all of you, I may have to dress up for halloween. I have no where to go since you guys are up there, but maybe I will trick or treat Jacob! You probably know THAT won't happen. I am relieved to have a year off!!!! I love you all, and will be thinking of you continuously until Sunday. Glenna, one day at a time!
Love Gayle
At 8:53 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey, I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you! I can't wait to see you again soon. Love your cuz,Mike
At 10:33 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Glenna! The girls were asking about you today so I told them I would write to you tonight and tell you "HI" from them!
We are all thinking about you!!
With love,
Erin, Shannon, Haley & Kira
At 8:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
Happpppppppy Halloween! So glad you have a nice big room to stretch out your boooody. Go body go.
Miss you! Love you!
At 10:24 AM,
Andrea said…
Glenna,
I have some of the best pictures of us when we were little at halloween - we were princesses, angles, punk rockers ect!!! Today I have decided to be a house robber and I have stolen a broken trophy, blow dryer, lamp and some jewles. I am sure your fam is keeping the spirits light with customs and halloween fun in the hospital room. I love you tons and tons and can't wait for you to beat this thing!!
xoxoxo ~ ange
At 10:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Glenna, maybe you could use some Halloween Humor:
Q: What time was the Vampire's dentist appointment?
A: Tooth-Hurty (2:30)heeheeheehee
A tourist in Vienna is going through a graveyard and all of
a sudden he hears some music. No one is around, so he starts
searching for the source.
He finally locates the origin and finds it is coming from a
grave with a headstone that reads: Ludwig van Beethoven,
1770-1827. Then he realizes that the music is the Ninth
Symphony and it is being played backward! Puzzled, he leaves
the graveyard and persuades a friend to return with him.
By the time they arrive back at the grave, the music has
changed. This time it is the Seventh Symphony, but like the
previous piece, it is being played backward.
Curious, the men agree to consult a music scholar. When they
return with the expert, the Fifth Symphony is playing, again
backward. The expert notices that the symphonies are being
played in the reverse order in which they were composed, the
9th, then the 7th, then the 5th.
By the next day the word has spread and a throng has
gathered around the grave. They are all listening to the
Second Symphony being played backward.
Just then the graveyard's caretaker ambles up to the group.
Someone in the crowd asks him if he has an explanation for
the music.
"Oh, it's nothing to worry about" says the caretaker. "He's
just decomposing!"
Wishing you all the best on this wicked holiday - I miss the Kohl's!!!!
B&B
At 11:02 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Miss Piggy,
Sending you a HUGE Halloween Hug!!
Kohl Family - I am right in Dorchester. I know you have plenty of people offering help in whatever way they can, but please know I am right up the street if you need ANYTHING!
Love,
Lavoie :)
At 3:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
Happy Halloween to all of you from all of us here at HW! Miss you,have been thinking of you all day today. Have fun with the trick or treaters from pediatrics tonight!
Luv you all,
Jean A
At 5:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Happy Halloween girl!!
keep on truckin'
you will make it!!
At 8:04 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Glenny-
Happy Halloween!!! Julia wants to tell you a joke...
Why didnt the skeleton cross the road?
Because it didnt have any guts...hahaha
xoxoxo
we love you
steph and julia
At 9:05 PM,
Anonymous said…
happy halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss you fatty
At 6:29 AM,
Anonymous said…
Almost 1/2 way there Glen!! Stay strong, Honey!!
Love, LB
Post a Comment
<< Home