Glenna's Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

2/7/08 Thur.

8:36
Glenna's partial team just left.The full team is usually Mon. morning and that is standing room only.Today she was told that her recovery is going incredibly well and that she must have great bone marrow[I'll bet all you girls wish a handsome doctor would tell you that].Her reactions to the treatment have been much less severe;thats all I'm allowed to say in that regard as Glenna doesn't want me to jinx her!The doctor also said she may be able to go home as soon as this weekend yeehaa!I just recieved a call from Colleen as she is boarding a plane to come and take over my watch;looks as if it my be a short one now.Probably a good thing considering how she did the last time!Glenna,who is on her laptop as I'm writting this just told me that today is the begining of the Chinese new year.The year of the Rat.This I told her is great because here at NIH the [mascot?] is a small rat [mouse].Last year was the year of the pig she tells me.So I've told her this is a good thing;she's not so sure though.Well some of you may not know that her nickname at college was "Piggy". Don't ask me why;Meg or Courtney could explain though.So even though my sister Jeanne and I have told Glenna that being a mouse here is something to be extremely proud of and she agree's, she's not liking the the mouse thing!Well anyway this will be the year of and for Glennamouse!
Think maybe I've been here to long!
Capt. K

5 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Haha I'm digging the year of Glennamouse!! That's a good one Capt K!! This is GREAT news Piggy I hope you'll be home soon just in time for spring training to begin!! Woohoo :) Year of the rat Glen, I know you prob aren't liking it but I think it'll be great since it's NIH mascot and an interesting fact about rats... A rat can tread water for three days and survive being flushed down the toilet. that's pretty cool! Well keep up the good fight glenna and SEE you soon!! Love you.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So . . . A Rat Year is a time of hard work, activity, and renewal. This is a good year to make a fresh start. Ventures begun now may not yield fast returns, but opportunities will come for people who are well prepared and resourceful. The best way for you to succeed is to be patient, let things develop slowly, and make the most of every opening you can find.
    Glenna, I'm so glad the Rat is Back!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    haha court would have a little something like that stored her head. cant wait for u to come home! so proud of u for kickin serious butt this time. anyway miss u. talk to u soon! hi mr n mrs kohl!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    go glennie rat body gooooooo! I'm so proud of you. Gung Hey Fat Choy- that means Happy new year in chinese ( I believe) If you didnt wash your hair yesterday then you have more good luck coming your way! Also, if someone swept the dust (if there is any) in your room then it gets rid of all the bad old stuff and makes room for new good luck and a new year. ahhh culture. Hope you are having a good day & I can't wait to hear from you soon! If you are heading home before the 14th will you have your dad or mom post:) Thanks. love you!! keep it petushina!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger meg said…

    Bahahhahahah---Court and I are on the same page--- I say we go with G- Rat. Rats are shady and if any of you lived with us on Ann street- you would understand and appreciate how appropriate that name is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home