Wednesday, May 7th
Hello from Cape Cod!
I am happy to report that we got out of Maryland by the skin of our teeth. Glenna's temperature kept playing games with her, but the docs put her on a general antibiotic that they said should kick out whatever it was that was causing it. Jake, Glenna & I left NIH around noon yesterday and flew into Providence just after 4pm. Cap'n Kohl was there with waiting arms and both pooches were waiting at home with big, wet kisses. It was so wonderful to be home with Glenna again. Auntie Jeanne made us a fabulous dinner and we all just flaked out on the couches for the night.
Glenna is feeling better today. Jake has kept her company and kept her spirits up. The fever has not returned yet, which is great. We hope its gone forever.
Glenna is starting to eat well and just needs to gain some weight and strength. One good thing is that she didn't lose her hair with this treatment. (I think its safe to say that now). Because she didn't have the Zitoxin for 2 days, she seems to have been saved from that total hair loss. Her hair is starting to grow back nicely. People still compliment her on her cute "mohawk" haircut! They don't realize that it just grows back that way.
I know Glenna will eventually want to have visitors, but for the short term, she would like to rest and get her stamina back (she tires very easily and hates noise). So if you're thinking of coming to visit, just please call her first and feel her out (or ask us). Thanks for your understanding.
Love you all.....MK
I am happy to report that we got out of Maryland by the skin of our teeth. Glenna's temperature kept playing games with her, but the docs put her on a general antibiotic that they said should kick out whatever it was that was causing it. Jake, Glenna & I left NIH around noon yesterday and flew into Providence just after 4pm. Cap'n Kohl was there with waiting arms and both pooches were waiting at home with big, wet kisses. It was so wonderful to be home with Glenna again. Auntie Jeanne made us a fabulous dinner and we all just flaked out on the couches for the night.
Glenna is feeling better today. Jake has kept her company and kept her spirits up. The fever has not returned yet, which is great. We hope its gone forever.
Glenna is starting to eat well and just needs to gain some weight and strength. One good thing is that she didn't lose her hair with this treatment. (I think its safe to say that now). Because she didn't have the Zitoxin for 2 days, she seems to have been saved from that total hair loss. Her hair is starting to grow back nicely. People still compliment her on her cute "mohawk" haircut! They don't realize that it just grows back that way.
I know Glenna will eventually want to have visitors, but for the short term, she would like to rest and get her stamina back (she tires very easily and hates noise). So if you're thinking of coming to visit, just please call her first and feel her out (or ask us). Thanks for your understanding.
Love you all.....MK


6 Comments:
At 8:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
It is nice to feel you all so close again. I love all of you. Glenna, soup and your chocolate torte await you as soon as you are feeling up to it. Use your energy to heal sweetheart. I am using mine to give you strenth.
At 11:47 AM,
Unknown said…
yay!! let me know when u want visitors :)
xoxoxo
tibbs
At 1:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
Breathe, sigh of relief that you are all back home. Can't think of a better Mother's Day wish than for total healing to commence. Wish I were closer to give you all hugs - sending them telepathically! Love Tedski
At 5:13 PM,
meg said…
PIGGY PIE--- WANT TO COME DOWN AND SEE YOU SO PLEASE START FEELING BETTER :)
love u- tuni
At 1:19 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Glenn, I'm glad you are home with your family! Please let me know if you are up for company as I'd love to see you!! Eat up and get lots of rest. xoxox mito
At 10:14 AM,
Anonymous said…
Glenna, what a perfect Red Sox game for you to attend! Your story is no less inspiring than Jon Lester's and we continue to hope and pray for such a positive future for you. Love forever, BBK&R
Post a Comment
<< Home