Glenna's Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday, November 20th

Family and Friends,

This update is on behalf of Mama Kohl and family. 

Tonight at 7:40pm, in the comfort of her own home and surrounded by loved ones, Glenna's fight ended. Though her body had become weak, her spirit and determination were strong to the end. 

Thank you for your prayer and support, especially these last few weeks and days.

Details regarding a service to honor Glenna will be posted as soon as possible. 

With love,
~Andrea (Maddalena) and Ryan Marshall
 

31 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My prayers are with you all. I love you!
    Much love, Katie

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger KarMasStyle said…

    ALL my love, thoughts and prayers are with you precious Glenna and the entire Kohl family!!

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We feel so honored to have known Glenna and so happy to have spent time with her the last two months of her precious time on this earth.

    We will miss her so much. My love to all those who are grieving today.

    Love Stephanie and the entire family.

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time. We all feel honored to have known and loved Glenna. There are no words to express the strength and courage that she had and it is impossible to describe the way she touched all our lives. Her smile, laugh and compassion will never be forgotten.

    With deepest sympathy,
    The Fowler Family

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers and Glenna will always be in our hearts. We feel blessed to have known her. We love you.
    fran, charlie, dan & sara

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My heart goes out to all of you during this most difficult of times. I know what you are going through.
    Love,
    Teresa Craig

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I cherish all of the wonderful memories I have of Glenna. I feel so lucky to have been able to know such an amazingly kind person and her and your strength is an inspiration to us all.
    Love,
    Liz and the Eleftherakis Family

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There is a huge hole in our hearts today.
    All our love.
    Aunt Sarah, Donna, Jamie, Cara, Mia, Judy, Amado, Linda, Harvey, Chris and Paul.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glenna was and will always be remembered as a wonderful person. My prayers are with you.
    Jennie Scudder

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for inspiring me, Kohl family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ~Michele McKinnon

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Alex DiMaio

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts and prayers going out to all of Glenna's family, friends, and loved ones. May Glenna rest in peace. She will always be remembered as a beautiful young woman, an amazing person of such courage, strength, hope, and love.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was an honor and a privilege to know such a strong and beautiful person. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and all of Glenna’s wonderful friends.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was nobody better. No one more loving, more caring, more beautiful than Glenna. She embraced life every day - the good and the bad - and everyone she encountered along the way. It's not goodbye, G, it's see you later, but until that day, you're in my heart, you're in my mind, you'll always be one of my best friends.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were absolutely amazing. Like your best friend above me said, you embraced life - good and bad. I will never forget our talk the night it all seemed so awful. You made me realize it wasn't. Your journey on earth may be over, but I know you'll take care of your amazing and beautiful friends, whom I met you through and whom I love very, very much (and became my family) and your strong, loving and faithful family.

    You will forever hold a special place in my heart, I'll never forget your kind, beautiful and reassuring smile after walking out of the lockerroom after our games. Or the positive light that seemed to flow from you.

    Until we meet again.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the Kohl's,

    Our condolences. Glenna was such an inspiration to all who knew her. Obviously, it is difficult to express our true feelings at this time. She will always be in our thoughts and prayers and not forgotten.

    Glenna, thank you for everything. I will always remember the smile you had for me and the team as we all walked back to the room between periods and after our games. You were there through think and thin. You have a special place on "our bench and locker room" now....Godspeed!

    Our deepest sympathy to all,
    The Ouellette and Coffey families

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless all of you and be with you all through these extremely difficult times. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Glenna is at peace now, no pain and lots of love.
    Love,
    The Amory's

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger KC said…

    Though gone from our physical lives, Glenna will continue to live on through those she touched... her influence, her smile, her infections laugh will remain in our hearts where no one can take them. Glenna was a girl with class, always... you couldn't help but be a better person for knowing her. Thank you, Glenna...

    Peace and Love to the Kohls, to her army of support, and her dear friends...

    Katie Cameron

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the Kohl Family,

    My thoughts and many prayers are with you and for Glenna. I know that Jessica met Glenna at Heaven's Gate and helped to lead here in. I know that they are together for each other and also looking down and keeping an eye on us all. I have such fond memories of Girl Scouts, and Crew meets with the girls. My deepest sympathy for you loss.
    Love,
    Grace, Tim and Eric Pedersen

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    glenna was a truly amazing person and a wonderful friend. my life has benefitted greatly from having her be a part of it. may your love for one another and memories comfort you in this time of sorrow. glenna will always be with us.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our sympathy to the Kohl family during this difficult time. Glenna will always be remembered as a special young woman. She's been an inspiration to us and will never be forgotten.

    Carol, Bob & Rob Hazelton

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Andrea,

    As hard as it was, thank you for posting this. Please send my prayers to the Kohls. I had the amazing pleasure of having Glen in my life and as heart broken as I am I truly feel I am a better person for knowing her. She was beautiful and kind ... one of the most genuine people I've ever met.

    She will always be in my heart and I will cherish our memories.

    Love and Prayers,

    Melissa Zibutis

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No words can describe what you all must be going through, our prayers are with you all. Glenna was such an amazing woman whose positive outlook was an inspiration to us all. Her courage and strength will never be forgotten.

    All our love,
    The Orciuch Family

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To The Kohl Family -

    My heart broke with the news of Glenna's passing but the thought that she was surrounded by her friends and family and knowing she no longer has to face the agonizing struggle she had been facing so bravely and with such grace made the pain a little easier to bare.

    I will never forget Glenna and how fondly Kelle and the entire Burbank Family was of her.

    I am deeply sorry that I will not be able to attend the memorial on Monday but please know that Glenna and all of you will be in my thoughts during that time.

    With love and prayers,
    Hannah Buntich

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We truly feel blessed to have known Glenna. She is an inspiration to us all! May the happy memories you've shared help the Kohl family and friends through this difficult time. God Bless.
    Love, Dan and Ginny Toland

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family,

    Glenna was so giving & kind, and yet so strong. Our family will never forget her sweetness, her smiling face, her integrity.

    She fought cancer bravely (and so did you), and she left the world a finer place than she found it. Now she can finally rest in peace and light. And as terribly sad as you must be right now, you must be so proud of her as well.

    God bless you.

    -the Van Scivers-

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time. Glenna was an amazing person, a great friend and will always, always be in our hearts.
    Love,
    Lindsey Simister

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family,

    Although many of you don't know me. I only knew "Glenners" for a short period of time. I only knew her through friends and online, but we talked a lot the last couple of years. Glenna is an amazing person!

    We laughed and joked together, but most of all, Glenna was an inspiration. She is everyones heart and inspiration.

    I am so greatful that I was blessed to know Glenna. She will always be with us, and again I am sorry for your loss Kohl family!

    --
    Pete

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. I never met Glenna but I can see by the posts what an impact she made and will continue to make on people's lives. Reading about her fight gave me a lot of inspiration and I am grateful to her for that.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with the Kohl family during this time. Glenna was such a great person to be around! I was lucky enough to have lifeguarded with her for a season at Joshua's Pond. She was always such a positive and fun person, there was never a dull moment! Her life has definitely made an impact on me and I'll be sure to share her story. We're all better for knowing her! May she rest in peace.

    Jenn S.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I CAN NOT IMAGINE WHAT YOUR GOING THRU....THE STRENGTH THAT ALL OF YOU HAVE IS AMAZING...PLEASE STAY STRONG AND KNOW SHE IS IN A BETTER PLACE...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home