Glenna's Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday November 21st

For those who are able to attend Glenna's memorial service, we will be celebrating her life on Monday November 24th.

The burial will be at 10am at the Marstons Mills cemetery off RT. 149. After the burial, there will be an 11am service followed by a reception, held at West Parish Church of Barnstable located at 2049 Meetinghouse Rd (Rt. 149) West Barnstable, MA 02668.

Flowers can be sent to John-Lawerence Funeral Home at 3778 Falmouth Rd. Marstons Mills, MA. Alternatively, donations can be made to one of the following charities, MGH Center for Melanoma, c/o Dr. Donald Lawrence, Melanoma Foundation of New England, or the Shade Foundation of America.

Glenna's family welcomes all those who wish to join them in this time of reflecting, remembering and honoring Glenna.

Warmly,
Andrea & Ryan

8 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i remember glenna from yoga -- she was sweet, charming and i was pulling for her...i walked by the newsstand with my dog today and saw her picture -- i am so sorry...

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry. I met you at NCI back in April. My husband, Mark was a patient there too. He died April 13th. I have been following your story and was so hopeful that Glenna would beat this damn disease! I will pray for you in the days to come.

    Courtenay

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry. I remember when I used to come over and play with Glenna all the time by the lake. She was so strong through the whole thing absolutely amazing. I had melanoma a year ago and it was the biggest scare of my life.. I caught it thank god but I have never been the same. My thoughts and prayers are with Glenna and her family at this tough time.

    Michelle

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We wish we could have been there, but we know there were legions of Glenna's fans and friends as testimony to her everlasting imprint on this earth. Our hearts are broken for you and for those of us who will miss her every single day, but at last she is free. No words. Just love. Tedi, Joey and Anna.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Colleen, Robert, Jacob, Jeanne and family . . . there are no words to express how proud I am of you and the grace with which you held yourselves at the services. I am in awe of your strength and love and was honored to be in your presence on Monday. Blessings and peace to you every day, Babs

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger chesneyfan1 said…

    I went to Salve with Glenna and am heart broken to have heard heard that she had passed on. My thoughts and prayers are you and your family during this difficult time. Glenna made such an impact on everyone that she came into contact with. I know she put an imprint on my heart that will be there forever. What am amazing woman that I am so lucky to have known!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Though many years have passed since last Glenna and I played in the side yard of your home, I always considered her a dear friend to me.

    Our memories were those of the lake and the abondoned house next door, which we were convinced was haunted.
    I will never forget this beautful, strong amazing woman! She is an inspiration to all and I know will always be remembered as such.
    Her beautiful soul and smile will always stay with me.
    My love and prayers today and always!
    Jessica Chase

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart goes out to every member of Glenna's family. I was deeply saddened to hear that she lost her fight with melanoma.

    Glenna and I went to school together since the 6th grade, and she was one of my first girlfriends in 7th grade when all we did was blush at each other and have awkward phone conversations about animals.

    I shared many classes with her throughout high school, and am glad to have known her and become friends. She brought a lot of love, energy and optimism to everything she did and this world has lost someone truly special.

    My love and prayers to all of you during this difficult time.

    ~ Michael McKinstry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home