Glenna's Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sat., Nov 29th

Good Morning friends,
Its hard to believe that its been more than a week now, and that somehow time keeps moving on. It seemed as though it stopped that day. But somehow we have gone on and I wanted to let you all know that we had a very nice Thanksgiving in New Hampshire. It was beautiful - it even snowed while we were there. Bob, Jake & I spent the day with Jeanne, Adam and Kate and it was exactly what we wanted - quiet and happy and full of memories. We enjoyed so much reading all the loving comments that were sent throughout the day. We returned home to a huge stack of thoughtful cards and last night, we sat and read them to each other. Your words mean so much at this time. They were all really beautiful and we thank you all.

I am keeping a list (as Glenna would want me to do) of all of you who want to get a prayer card and I will be sending them out to you soon. Please remind me after a while if you didn't get one, and I will make sure to get one to you.

Also, some of you have asked about where to send a donation to the MGH Melanoma Center, where Glenna was treated for over 3 years. I am listing below the web address for this center. You will see that you can either donate online or print out a form and mail it in. On these forms, you may choose where you would like your donation to go - our suggestion is either to clinical support or cancer research. There is also a place to include who this gift is in memory of and we would love it if you would add Glenna's name there. Thank you all who have chosen to contribute to these important foundations in Glenna's memory.

http://www.massgeneral.org/cancer/help/donate.asp

One last note is regarding this very fast aproaching Christmas season. Our family will be traveling to Florida for a visit with some friends over the holiday. We will not be giving any gifts this year, and we do not want to receive any gifts. All of you have done so much for us already. In lieu of exchanging gifts, we would like to encourage you to give a small gift to one of Glenna's funds, or to give to anyone out there who is really in need of help. Doing this in Glenna's honor would be the best gift you could give us.

I will be keeping this blog active for any thoughts or comments either of us may have. Until the next time, we love you....MK

10 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Kohls,

    You were all in our thoughts and blessings over the Thanksgiving holiday and it is so comforting to hear that you found your own way to embrace the holiday. We're here for you every step of the way, please don't ever forget that. We speak for our entire family by saying how grateful we are that not only Glenna, but your entire family has been such an important part of our lives for so long. We love you so much.

    xoxo
    Kelle & Rae

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the Kohl family,
    I am Rachel's best friend Nancy. I was able to make the graveside service but not the memorial at the church. Glenna and your family has been in my heart and prayers throughout her journey. Rachel has kept me updated and I have been reading the blogs you have posted. I give flute lessons to Laura Ziemba, who has also kept me updated on Glenna's journey. I have such wonderful memories of her as a young child when I babysat at your home with Rachel and Reed. I love listening to her pound out a song on the piano when she was a child. Two of my nieces are lifeguards now on the beaches in Truro, and I tell them about Glenna all the time and how she was an advocate for sunscreen and not using the tanning booth. My nieces do not use the tanning booth, but they are using a much more powerful sunscreen than they have in the past while they are working.
    I lost my father 3 years ago to malpractice at CCH. In my prayers to him I have asked him to welcome Glenna to Heaven.
    Much love
    Nancy Medeiros

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Kohl Family,

    It is heartening to hear you had a warm and family filled Thanksgiving. I know this holiday season will be a difficult one for you but please know my family and I will be sending warm thoughts of the season to you.

    When you get a chance, I would like to receive one of Glenna's prayer cards.

    It can be sent to me at 27 Justin Road, Apt. 1 Brighton, MA 02135

    Thinking of you-
    Hannah

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl family,
    I have started to write this so many times and haven't been able to form the appropriate words to convey the many heartfelt thoughts and feelings I have running throughout my mind and heart. Above all it goes without saying that Glenna was an angel on earth so they must have definately been most desperate for a very special angel in heaven! However, it still doesn't make one miss her any less. The service on Monday for Glenna was absolutely beautiful, and I feel she would have been honored to know so many people came to celebrate her life. Not a day went by/goes by that I did not/do not think of Glenna and pray for her strength and peace. On Tuesday, the day after her service, I was heading to the doctor's office feeling quite under the weather. I always would think of Glenna to give ME strength! How could I possibly be feeling miserable with a lousy cold or sinus infection or whatever that kept me up half of the night when she had had to endure so many treatments and the pain through it all?She still remained so strong! How dare I whine about something so menial? I started talking to Glenna that way and as I approached the back way to the hospital I looked up in the sky and there was the most incredibly beautiful rainbow! This wonderful sight was over the cancer ward of CCH and was truly a comforting sign from Glenna that she was OK and is still taking care of others! I instantly felt at peace that despite the fact I am imperfect, I'm OK! Thank you Glenna, for being our guardian angel. Lori Allen

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Kohl Family,

    As I couldn't make it to the service, could you please send me a prayer card when you have the chance? I won't ask you to send it to Australia so can you please send it to my parent's house: 1108 Pleasant St. Bridgewater, MA 02324

    Thinking of you all, always.

    Love,

    Lindsey Simister

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family,

    Please know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers during this time. I was unable to be at the service last week but you were in my heart that day as you have been for quite some time.

    If you are able to send a prayer card that would be great. I also have a card I'd like to send with some photos of our Dowses staff that I thought you might like. I just need your address so I can send them.

    My email is: mzibutis@hotmail.com

    and my home address is

    Melissa Zibutis
    1463 Reynard Crescent, Apt D
    Virginia Beach, VA 23451

    Stay Strong.

    Love, Melissa

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the Kohls,
    I can't really remember when Glenna and I met.. but i know that we were very little girls.. My fondest childhood memories are of our girl scout troop (even the camping trips).
    Although she and I never became very close friends we always bumped in and out of each others lives and i will remember her forever. She was one of the kindest people i have ever known. Glenna is one of those people that would touch your heart and l will never forget her no matter what. You have my love, thoughts and prayers.

    If you can, i would l like a prayer card.
    Aimee Grenier
    1660 Drew Circle Apt. 24
    Davis, CA 95618


    Love, Aimee

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the Kohls,
    I can't really remember when Glenna and I met.. but i know that we were very little girls.. My fondest childhood memories are of our girl scout troop (even the camping trips).
    Although she and I never became very close friends we always bumped in and out of each others lives and i will remember her forever. She was one of the kindest people i have ever known. Glenna is one of those people that would touch your heart and l will never forget her no matter what. You have my love, thoughts and prayers.

    If you can, i would l like a prayer card.
    Aimee Grenier
    1660 Drew Circle Apt. 24
    Davis, CA 95618


    Love, Aimee

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello to the fam: I am so glad you had a nice Holiday. I wanted to tell you again how nice it was to spend time with you last week. You are all so amazing. Such inspiration on how to be strong. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers as always, and I hope I am lucky enough to see you soon. Love you,
    Rose Guglielmo
    Chicago, IL

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest ones,

    Have not the moon and the planets been grand! Someone quite beautiful has been speaking to us of late ----- I do believe I know the princess sky keeper by name -
    Glenna!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home