Glenna's Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Bob, Jake, Jeanne, Adam, Alex and I would like to send out our love to all of you on this special day and to give our most heartfelt thanks to the hundreds of friends and family who have been there for us throughout and helped to ease our pain during Glenna's journey. We cannot express appropriately in words what it meant to us to have so many of you present on Monday to give us words of support and hugs so warm, and to be there to show Glenna how very much you care.
We will hold your sentiments in our hearts and never forget that you are all with us. So many of you offered your help and we so appreciate it. We will be giving our thanks on this day not only for Glenna's life, but for all the others who are fighting their own difficult battles. If she could, she would ask you to do the same. It makes us smile today to know how many people will be giving a silent prayer for our precious girl. Thanks to all of you.

We also want to mention that if any of you did not get a prayer card at the service, and would like one, please let us know and we will get one to you.

With love...

12 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello All!!

    Thinking of each and every one of you today ( and everyday). Its my turn to thank you all for sharing Glenna's beauty with me. She amazed me everyday and gives me strength and courage daily at work when I am feeling burnt out or sad for my patients. It was such an honor to be there on Monday and I will take that day that with me in my heart forever. I know she is Matt's angel now and will watch over him and keep him healthy and strong.

    Much love!

    Meg Eldridge

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Warmest Thanksgiving Blessings to You All.

    To the Kohls- may the peace of your angel bring you comfort on this day. As you celebrate her beautiful life and journey- touching so many along the way, know that her spirit will continue to bless us all and watch over us.

    With Love, God Bless
    Tuni

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohls - We wish you and your family a Happy and Peaceful Thanksgiving. We too will give thanks and prayers at our dinner table for having known and been a part of yours and Glenna's life and journey. You must be so proud of Glenna for her magnificent strength and unselfish caring for everyone around her. You could tell how special she was by the incredible outpouring of love and compassion on Monday.

    Mattea wanted you to know that she was driving on Rte. 6 and saw the most beautiful rainbow on Tuesday and she immediately thought of Glenna. She said it reminded her of Glenna's radiant and contagious smile.

    Your are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.

    Our Blessings to you all,

    Love,
    Karen, Andy and Mattea

    Mattea and I did not get a prayer card and would very much like to have one.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thinking of you all today and everyday...

    With love,
    Erik, Erin, Shannon, Haley & Kira

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohls,

    We wanted to let you all know that we are thinking about your entire family today. We feel blessed to have known Glenna and we are thankful to have had her a part of our lives. We will always carry her gentleness and grace with us. Words cannot describe the impact she has made in the world. We are better for knowing her and your family.

    We did not receive a prayer card and would very much like one.

    With Love,
    The Fowlers

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To everything there is a season,
    A time for every purpose under the sun.
    A time to be born and a time to die;
    A time to weep and a time to laugh;
    A time to mourn and a time to dance ...

    Glenna's season was too short, yet filled with such purpose. It was so obvious from the people who came to honor and celebrate Glenna's life on Monday that she touched so many lives. Today we give thanks for we feel blessed to have known Glenna. We will remember her smile, laughter, and strong spirit. Her memory will dance on in our hearts. Our prayers are with Glenna, her family, and her friends. God Bless.

    Ginny and Dan Toland

    We would love a prayer card if there are still cards available.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohl Family,
    I hope that you all had a warm and happy Thanksgiving. I'm sure Glenna was looking down on us all with a big smile to see the thanks and love shared on this day. Hope to visit you all soon.
    Love,
    Crystal

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glenna's family -

    The atmosphere in that Church on Monday was incredible. I know that Glenna is watching over all who she loves.
    It's been 418 days since my best friend from high school, Rachel, left this world after her own battle with cancer.

    Glenna always reminded me of Rachel. Her kindness, her openness, her laugh and her lust for life. They were both two of the most genuine people I'd ever met. I only wish I'd been able to have gotten to know Glenna better than I did.

    I am so thankful for the chance to have been able to know Glenna, through Meg and Courtney.

    I have had two people in my life who are the true vision of strength, hope and perseverance in the face of adversity, and your entire family is also such a beautiful example of what hope, faith and strength truly is.

    Not a day goes by that you aren't in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Glenna with me.

    Sending my love to you all -
    Darcie O-C

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Weener,
    You were lifted up in our thanksgiving prayers today as we celebrated the lives of Glenna and Linda, David's sister who lost her battle w/cancer back in April.
    I want to thank you for your wonderful blog today. You [all] continue to amaze me! You're such warm, caring and unselfish folks... thinking of everyone you love and who love you, your grace is a healing touch to all who feel your loss. I can imagine the outpouring from friends and loved ones this past Monday. Your words showed that it must have been beautiful. I thank God for all of you and will always hold precious Glenna in a special place in my heart. I hope you got my message and please, I would love to have a prayer card. Looking forward to seeing you some time soon. With a huge hug and kiss, Laurie

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    new dreams com'in

    Make way! make space! a new dream is coming
    not sure how, not sure when,,,,,,,,but something is
    in the air,
    it is crowding out the pain,,, that fast and furious pain,,, has a formidable opponent ,

    it's our angel,, our beautiful blond angel,,,,, she's strong and determined ,, and she doesn’t suffer fools
    , she’s organized, and funny and brilliantly capable,,,,,,,,,
    she reminds us of the steady and good road we need to stay on,
    she cuts the new path,,,,, holding all the dangers, never veering from the mission,, she is our forward observing angel,
    she has a plan
    she has the "insider info guide",
    we just need to put one foot in front of another,
    that wonderful angel has our back.

    Love, M,P K & M

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kohls
    You are on our minds and in our hearts. We are reaping the benefit of your lessons and sowing the new growth along our journey.I was not able to be with you monday as I am traveling back and forth to Arizona to be with Elisa and her family during her latest diagnosis but, Traci, Steph and Danielle shared what an incredible experience it was. I so appreciate your continued ability to allow our families to grieve and now to begin to heal along with you. Glenna taught us well.
    with love and admiration, Mamagus

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Kohl Family,

    Thank you for sharing with us such beautiful sentiments about Glenna last Monday.

    I was comforted knowing that Glenna was with you in her home when she departed from this life.

    I will always remember her with much fondness for her smile, strength and her ability to battle the disease that inexplicably took her away from you.

    An Eskimo Legend states,

    “Perhaps they are not the stars but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shine down upon us to let us know they are happy……”

    God Bless you all.....

    (P.S. I would like a prayer card)

    Steve Ouellette (Coach O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home