Glenna's Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Beautiful Arizona!

Hello friends...Bob & I have had an unbelievable visit to AZ. The sights we have seen have been indescribable. We've taken about a million pictures, but have no hope that they will portray what we have actually seen. Sedona and the GC are breathtaking, as everyone says, but more than you can imagine. We had so much fun with Steph & Jim along the way. We're down in Scottsdale now - went to Logan's opening of his one-man show last night. It was wonderful - so great to see all his southwestern paintings together in a gorgeous gallery. Old Town Scottsdale is so cool - like an old western town (with hundreds of shops and galleries). We're heading south today to visit with Cathie & Bob and family, then home tomorrow night.

We hate so much to leave. We've been going constantly to try to absorb as much as we could in one week. And we did do alot. I already can't wait to come back and spend more time here.

Glenna's quote for the day: "You can sleep when your dead" Boy did we take her advice on this trip. Thank you, Glenna! I love you.

Love to all of you, MK

5 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like you had a great time! I'm so happy you're keeping this blog updated! I thinking about Glenna and your family everyday!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Guys,

    Maybe you'll buy another day or two
    in "paridise"
    ck your flights , we have a storm coming in for the NE on Sunday night, I am in till it blows over.

    Love,
    Capt. Pete

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just learned today of Glenna's passing and I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, I understand your pain. I hesitated to write, because I know what it's like to still run into people who have just heard of the passing.

    I found Glenna years ago on myspace. When I cancelled that account I lost touch with her. She and my sister Julie Lyons (www.lyonsfamily.org) talked through email off and on during their battle with melanoma. My sister was stage IV melanoma and battled for 14 months. We lost her november 2007. She left behind a husband and three small children.

    I thought about Glenna often even though I had lost touch. SHe was a special person and the strength of your family always amazed me; a true testament. Today she is continually in my thoughts, as is your family. My anger towards cancer remains, but my Faith in God that he has plan has strengthened.

    On a sidenote: we were in Arizona the same time as you guys. Just got back yesterday!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jackson, thank you for you post. I've just gotten back from Julie's website and I marvel at your family's joyful spirit - thank you for the link. Glenna was lucky indeed to have met Julie while they both had the chance. She has now touched my life as well! In love,

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kohl Family,

    I'm doing Relay for Life this June and I was wondering if it would be alright with you if I put Glenna's name on my luminaria bag. The Luminaria Ceremony happens in the evening when it starts to get dark. They light the candles in the bags in honor of someone who has/had cancer. I would be honored if Glenna's name was on my bag. She was a beautiful person and impacted so many lives including mine. I will never forget her.
    If you could let me know either here or in an email, that would be great. My email is spassios@ksc.mailcruiser.com

    Thanks so much,
    xo Sara Passios

     

Post a Comment

<< Home