Glenna's Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Gone but never forgotten

This is probably my 5Th attempt to sit down and post since Glenna died.At least once was because I had the wrong password, the other times I just sat and stared at the computer then gave up.I miss her terribly-we all do! So that said, there are a few other important things I feel I needed to talk about. First would be Dec. 4Th the day I drove my truck across two double yellow lines and through a utility pole and then coming to a halt up against a tree on the drivers side door.None of it can I recall.As a matter of fact I was on my way to Home Depot having just been at the Barnstable dump.Can't recall being at the dump but when I went the next day to clean out my truck I was a bit dismayed to not find the trash still in the back.I will confess I have had a few self induced memory blackouts in my life but nothing to equal this.I just don't think the beer at lunch an hour before was the culprit.OK, so what happened?Well I can only explain in one word GLENNA.When I came out of my nap to find myself with both dogs shaking in my lap I exited the truck with wires sparking so bad that a tree across the street was on fire,Police and rescue,fire,ambulances all calling to me if I was alright.I was escorted into an ambulance checked out by the paramedics who asked me over and over;are you sure you are alright? As I stood waiting for Colleen to pick me and the dogs up,numerous people came over to me in disbelief that I wasn't dead or injured at all.A lot of people very easily have just said it was a miracle.I wish it was that easy for me.I guess if I really believed in miracles Glenna would still be here and none of the above would have happened.I'm not and never have been very religious.It goes back to being 13 and having been tossed out of communion for upsetting my Sunday school teacher by asking to many questions.I have always needed solid scientific answers .Seeing is believing works for me.So,to try and keep this short, seeing was believing!I should be dead or badly injured.I still don't consider myself religious but I now no for sure that there is more than the eye can see.With all my heart I believe that Glenna played a part in me not being harmed and I know I wouldn't put it past her in staging the whole thing just to teach me to believe in more the way she did.How is it possible that a child to me could teach me something? Very possible!
I hope what Glenna taught me will bring some comfort to those who are facing a similar battle for life;there is so much more than the life we see and no need to fear whats ahead for us all.
She refused to let fear take hold of her and now I understand why!
Stay strong and thank you Glenna.
Capt. Bob

14 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If anything positive has come out of this, it is the pause that Glenna has given us all. To stop and think, to remember to care. Bob, you are a better person because of her. I love you, C.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you too!!!! I really believe she is with us everyday, sometimes I just look into the sky and know that she is looking down at me, at all of us! xoxo

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was driving home one day and saw some traffic up ahead. Obviously an accident and I saw the pole down so I took a detour. I had no idea it was you. I couldn't have been more relieved to hear that you are ok. My grandfather was as well. All of you Kohls mean so much to so many people, you better take care of yourselves! We miss Glenna every day and we are so lucky to have known such an amazing woman and so lucky to have you all in our lives.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger diana said…

    I read about the accident in the paper on the internet and after reading about how bad it was I said to myself that Glenna was definitely watching over you and the dogs! I believe she looks over all of us and I keep her prayer card in my visor in my car as my little guardian angel in case I ever need her! I feel so privileged to have reconnected with Glenna a few years ago and am so happy that we got chances to just hang out. I think about her often and the rest of you Kolhs! She was a beautiful person and like I am grateful that we were friends...xoxo
    Diana W

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    She's a very smart woman that Glenna! Always managing to get her point across one way or another! Love you!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow! All I can say is wow! I guess I would call it a wake up call, and how fortunate you are that you were able to walk away. But grief is still grief. I finally gave into grief and let it happen. And believe me I tried to fight it. I can't wait to start the conversation between us.
    My email is teresacraig@comcast.net.
    Just a little reminder that I'm still here.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love you guys and miss you

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with Courtney! & I know she's up there with my Rach and my little one, too.

    I love you Kohl's (even though we've never met). I feel like I know you somehow.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah! She's here! Everywhere about us, I feel her - can't be explained really, but i know it too Bobby, she infuses her "Glenna girl power" and you felt it first hand, and it packed a wallop of truth about love , and it touches so many, and it will continue to do so.. she has made us raise the bar on who we want to be on this earthly walk until we can join her , and she makes us walk tall and proud and healthy and lovingly,,,, she has very high standards! We all best get busy cause Ms. Glenna is keeping track,
    Love you all,
    Mer

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi kohl's, bobbi, i too think you had a guardian angel looking out for you and the dogs. i hope you all are healing a bit everyday and finding a some peace. i think of you all often, and you are in my prayers. franny p

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for sharing that with us.
    We are thinking of you all daily.
    It's quite a "coincidence" that the only Barnstable paper that I have ever seen in my life online featured your accident. We know
    that Glenna was and is with you.
    Take good care,
    Craig Marsh

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love you guys!!! <3

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thank you so much for sharing that with us.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bob, it warms our hearts to have you express these thoughts to us. Belief and faith are the antithesis to scientific reasoning and "seeing" but it takes a balance of the two that allows us to make sense of the life we are living. Somehow, you taught that to Glenna before you revealed it to yourself! All the love in the world, me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home