February 8th
Day One of planning for the upcoming Masquerade for Melanoma Ball. Today a few of us met to start the planning process for the upcoming event that will be held - in October - for Glenna and to raise funds for melanoma awareness and research (i just this minute decided not to capitalize the word melanoma any longer - as it does not deserve that status)! This is going to be a daunting process and one that will require alot of help from friends. And I know we have that help available, or we never would have taken this on. I will use this blog to keep you all updated on the plan of events as things develop. At this point, we only know that we will be having a Masquerade Ball, sometime in October (Glenna's birth month) and it will probably take place in the Boston area (or possibly Newport). We have some great ideas that were passed around the table today. Once we come up with the venue and the date, we will announce it right away. Then announcements with further details will come later. I know in my heart that this is going to be a success, and we are hoping to make it an annual event if it is desired (god knows it is needed). So pass the word, and plan to come and help us to make it an event that would make Glenna proud.
It will be good to be talking on this blog again, although Bob has done an unbelievable job getting those important words out there - and will continue to do so. Love to you all. From my heart to yours.....MK
It will be good to be talking on this blog again, although Bob has done an unbelievable job getting those important words out there - and will continue to do so. Love to you all. From my heart to yours.....MK


7 Comments:
At 11:03 AM,
Anonymous said…
Ween, glad you steered me back to the blog as it's been awhile. I am anxiously awaiting the date for Oct. so I can book flights asap - around the 3rd to coincide with the other event? Also, would like to hear more about the Glenna bill. Mostly want to comment on the amazing writing of Capt. Bob and his goal to keep us connected through Glenna's favorite quotes...how wonderful, and how much do I love and miss all of you! Tedski
At 11:03 AM,
Anonymous said…
Ween, glad you steered me back to the blog as it's been awhile. I am anxiously awaiting the date for Oct. so I can book flights asap - around the 3rd to coincide with the other event? Also, would like to hear more about the Glenna bill. Mostly want to comment on the amazing writing of Capt. Bob and his goal to keep us connected through Glenna's favorite quotes...how wonderful, and how much do I love and miss all of you! Tedski
At 11:08 AM,
Anonymous said…
MK - you know I'm right by your side through this!
At 9:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful idea!!! I'll be there, and i'm sure a lot of Glenna's other nurses will too!
Katie Murphy
At 3:27 AM,
Unknown said…
cant wait :)
At 8:25 PM,
Anonymous said…
hey,
This sounds like such a great idea, and I would love to be a part of it. Let me know if you want me to stop by any places in Boston or if I can be of help in any way.
love,
Brooke Robinson
At 12:47 PM,
Anonymous said…
Well I am sorry to say that I have just found the courage to open the blog and catch up with your writings. All so incredibly beautiful and touching. You are remarkable and all so embedded in my heart. I love you all and look forward to doing my part, which is whatever you need, for this amazing event. Glenna and I always believed that dressing up in costume meant looking beautiful.
Can't wait!
Love, Gayle
Post a Comment
<< Home