November 20, 2009
It's very hard to believe that today marks one year since we lost our beautiful Glenna. So much has happened in the last year that the time has flown by. But now in the quiet aftermath, reflecting is so difficult. Glenna was such a powerful presence, and because of that, she is continuing to be present in so many of us - more everyday. This is a wonderful thing that I don't think is going to stop - but it doesn't lessen the pain of not having her physical presence here with us.
She is so missed. I pray every night that i will dream of her. The nights I do, I wake up smiling and it feels like I was just with her. I'd like to believe that I was.
I just want to thank all of you who have shown your love to us in so many ways. I am still, and always will be, overwhelmed by how many people loved Glenna and are making that known to us. It gives me hope that maybe this old world isn't so horrible - even without Glenna here.
I love you all....MK
She is so missed. I pray every night that i will dream of her. The nights I do, I wake up smiling and it feels like I was just with her. I'd like to believe that I was.
I just want to thank all of you who have shown your love to us in so many ways. I am still, and always will be, overwhelmed by how many people loved Glenna and are making that known to us. It gives me hope that maybe this old world isn't so horrible - even without Glenna here.
I love you all....MK


10 Comments:
At 10:18 AM,
Jessica said…
thinking of you and the whole family today. hugs and kisses
<3
At 10:18 AM,
Jessica said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
At 10:30 AM,
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for continuing this blog. I sometimes find myself going back to old posts for inspiration :) My thoughts and prayers are with you today and every day.
<3 Melissa
At 2:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
Dearest Ones,
The world has been and continues to be held to a higher standard because of Glenna. The Kohl factor touches everyone, it really does!
She will dream you through this chapter and on to the next. I love that you love each other so deeply, that even the love wounds find purpose and meaning..... and joy!
oxoxxo Capt Pete and "crew"
At 3:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
Sending SO much love to you all. I think of all of you just about everyday. I can't even begin to explain how much Glenna has affected my life. Everyday is a gift and feeling sorry for myself is NOT an option.
Thank you Glenna.
At 12:36 AM,
Anonymous said…
Love you all! <3
At 5:22 AM,
Unknown said…
You Kohls are so remarkable and deserve so much admiration for all you do in keeping Glenna alive in your everyday lives and philanthropy. I pray everynight too to dream of my loved ones and I truely believe it is a place where we do meet and can be with each other again. She is sooo proud of all of you and keep up the good work!! I am also proud to have such a beautiful and caring family in my life, thank YOU for that! Love Meg Eldridge
At 4:09 PM,
Jessica said…
I have recently read about your beautiful strong daughter. Glenna seems like an amazing person, a true role model. This story has changed my life. I do send my love and prayers to your family and to Glenna.
Thank you for being so strong <3
At 7:19 AM,
Unknown said…
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Craig & Ginny
At 10:11 AM,
Melanoma Missionary said…
I just read Glenna's Story in Cosmopolitian. I too grew up om the Alantic ocean and came down with Melanoma in 2005. My Name is Jimmy B and have a web blog call Melanoma Missionary. I was one of the lucky one to survive so far from a stage IV Melanoma. I believe I have found a way to stabilize/cure using your own immune system.
I wrote a paper called "Melanoma and the "Magic Bullet (Monoclonal antibodies)" you can download it for free.
Source:http://melanomamissionary.blogspot.com/
Melanoma_Missionary
Post a Comment
<< Home