February 2010
Hello friends,
It's been a while since I've written in this blog. Our Christmas visit with Jake was wonderful. He continues to enjoy his time in LA, but we miss him so much. Bob has been day fishing with his friend, Troy, out of Scituate. He is anxiously awaiting the beginning of the season to start up the Bay Spirit. Rumor has it that there will be beer & wine on board this year!
We participated in a wonderful ceremony last month at Mass General Hospital. The doctors and administrators at the hospital invited us to come and have a formal "check-giving" ceremony. The Glenna Kohl Fund gave $25,000 to Mass General to set up a research fund in Glenna's name. We were thrilled to have Glenna's doctors and nurses there to help us celebrate this gift. We were treated to a tour of the lab where they are working on some of the new technology brought to Mass General from the NCI - the same treatments that were administered to Glenna through clinical trials while she was down in Maryland. It was a very special and important night for us. We were able to see exactly how our hard work is paying off.
Our committee is beginning to make plans for our next event this fall. We are meeting this week and as soon as we have definite dates and plans, we will put out a notice through this blog and on our website. We will be counting on all of you to help us again this year to make it another successful event. Stay tuned and keep Glenna in your hearts always.
Love from MK
It's been a while since I've written in this blog. Our Christmas visit with Jake was wonderful. He continues to enjoy his time in LA, but we miss him so much. Bob has been day fishing with his friend, Troy, out of Scituate. He is anxiously awaiting the beginning of the season to start up the Bay Spirit. Rumor has it that there will be beer & wine on board this year!
We participated in a wonderful ceremony last month at Mass General Hospital. The doctors and administrators at the hospital invited us to come and have a formal "check-giving" ceremony. The Glenna Kohl Fund gave $25,000 to Mass General to set up a research fund in Glenna's name. We were thrilled to have Glenna's doctors and nurses there to help us celebrate this gift. We were treated to a tour of the lab where they are working on some of the new technology brought to Mass General from the NCI - the same treatments that were administered to Glenna through clinical trials while she was down in Maryland. It was a very special and important night for us. We were able to see exactly how our hard work is paying off.
Our committee is beginning to make plans for our next event this fall. We are meeting this week and as soon as we have definite dates and plans, we will put out a notice through this blog and on our website. We will be counting on all of you to help us again this year to make it another successful event. Stay tuned and keep Glenna in your hearts always.
Love from MK


4 Comments:
At 2:05 PM,
Babs said…
Glenna is never far from our hearts, nor are you!
At 6:22 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a special time that must have been!! And what a fabulous amount you raised up for research!! I'm positive that Glenna is beaming!! I miss you and hope to talk to you soon, LB
At 10:45 AM,
Anonymous said…
Thank you for all you do :)
At 8:57 AM,
diane said…
I just saw your interview on Fox and was truly moved. what a beautiful girl, you must miss her so much. I have stage 4 melanoma but I have lived a full life. At age 55 I have a wonderful husband of 39 years, my high school sweet heart, two grown children, and two very special grandchildren. I owned a salon where tanning was available but I decided to eliminate it because I felt it was a contradiction to the promotion of skin care. The following year I noticed a non-pigmented mole on my back. I went to my doctor and was told that it was a cyst. One year later I hade it removed and it was a clark level 4 melanoma. I had a wide margin and lymph-nodes removed. Three years later and here it is again. This time metastatic lung. Do I wish I never tanned? YOU BET!!! but for me its to late. I would like to get involved in your efforts to educate. I would like to do something positive with what time the Lord has given me. I work in the beauty industry and I think this could be a perfect area to reach out to potential tanners. Please let me know if you think there is something that I can do. Thank You Diane Fontaine
Post a Comment
<< Home