Friday - Last day of treatment!!!
Hi to all, We're sliding in to homeplate - a little shaky, but she will be scoring a run! They did skip Glenna's treatment at 11pm last night - counts were down and she just really needed a break. Today started out a bit more rested, but still emotionally draining. She got her morning dose, and then - as Murphy's Law always states - things couldn't go smoothly to the end; she had a setback concerning her port sight. 2 of the 3 tubes shut down (I guess they had had enough, too). So they had to give her another IV in her arm in order to give her the last 2 doses. She didn't like that much, but she got her 3pm dose and more meds to help the anxiety and it's one more to go. God, I don't think I have ever wanted a week to end faster.
We look forward to tomorrow when they will start to remove some of the tubes and she will start to make a turn for the better. She hasn't read her email in awhile, but she will soon - probably on Saturday. Keep them coming and keep all those prayers flying through the atmosphere. Some emails have gone out regarding the melanoma awareness event coming up for Glenna. If we've missed anyone who is interested in coming - send an email to either me (ckohl@cape.com) or Meg Toland (meg.toland@gmail.com).
I've got to get back to Glenna now - she sends her love to all of you and knows how much she is loved. I love all of you for loving her so hugely. Thank you, Love, MK
We look forward to tomorrow when they will start to remove some of the tubes and she will start to make a turn for the better. She hasn't read her email in awhile, but she will soon - probably on Saturday. Keep them coming and keep all those prayers flying through the atmosphere. Some emails have gone out regarding the melanoma awareness event coming up for Glenna. If we've missed anyone who is interested in coming - send an email to either me (ckohl@cape.com) or Meg Toland (meg.toland@gmail.com).
I've got to get back to Glenna now - she sends her love to all of you and knows how much she is loved. I love all of you for loving her so hugely. Thank you, Love, MK


1 Comments:
At 5:03 PM,
Andrea said…
Glenna, you are almost HOME!!! Hang in their sweetie, two more treatment free days resting in the hospital and then back to race lane you go!! Ryan and I are praying for healing and strength for you and your family daily! I love you so so much and can not wait to give you a big hug! Keep taking deep breaths and know you are loved!!!
love and prayers,
ange
Post a Comment
<< Home