Glenna's Blog

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Good Evening. Today was not a good day; probably the worst of the week so far. Glenna has gone through not only her worst physical symptoms but some pretty bad emotional stuff as well. We are trying to remind her there is only one day left to go, but she is having a hard time seeing that light through her fog. Her doctor said today she is doing wonderfully - she's still only missed one dose and they may hold her dose tonight to give her a break - but even if they do, she'll have had 12 doses by the end of Friday. That's pretty good (even though she doesn't feel it). We all can't wait until Sunday when we can get home-sweet-home.

Sorry to report such grim news, it will be good to finally be telling you all how great Glenna feels - and for her to be telling you herself. It will also be good to get out of this hospital - even though MGH is about as good as it gets - it's been very weird spending so much time here. And as wonderful as Boston is, it will be better to be here under better circumstances.

Thanks for the comments. I know alot of you got the invitation for the awareness night coming up in Newport Dec. 1. I will be sending this out to the rest of you ASAP. Signing off for now - dont' forget to send Will some emails and comments -he could really use them at this time too. We all miss him so much and wish this war was over and he could come home and be with Glenna. That would be the best medicine. Love to you, Will - and love to all the rest of you. Peace and big hugs, M.K.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 more day! You can do it PIGGY! I know you can. I was at my family party tonigth and of course everyone was askin for ya haha but it reminded me of that time we drove to my gpa's bday on MY bday uh-oh i think only YOU and I will ever understand that. I love you and can't wait to talk to you and see you asap!! Keep kickin ass you are the strongest person I know!! LOVE YOUUUU!! Butterfly kisses and a (lick on the face) that once again YOU and I will understand :-)

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glenna Girl,
    You Rock! You are one day away from being done and I can't even believe how strong you are to put up with all of this - oh, and your Mom & Dad - ok, they rock too. I would have long ago been spitting at the nurses like some evil Excorsist banshee - so take a deep breath and get through one more day of treatment and get back home to your comfy bed and rejuvenate surrounded by all of our thoughts and love. Wish I could be there for homecoming. Love you. Tedski

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE YOU GLENNY KEEP IT UP! I love you ltos and think about you everyday infact I think I check your blog more than I do anything else throughout the day (even eating) and thats a lot! I know this is tough, actually i can't even imagine what you are going through. but remember we all love you lots and lots, you are lucky to have such a accomodating and loving group of family and friends around you and it can only get better from here. I will be home on Saturday and drop off a lil package at your house. I was remembering last night how you said we wouldnt be able to see you, but maybe I would stand outside the window and hold up signs. Keep thinking of the positive and don't ever forget how much you are loved!. ...I was going to ask mama kohl for will's blogspace but i JUST saw the link is on your page, so I'll be sure to send him some cheerful thought. miss you, love you you're a fighter!!! LOVE, Jules

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Glenna!
    I don't know why i thought it would be a good idea to read this while my kids are in art cause now im crying in my classroom!! go figure....i just sent you a funny picture and i hope you got it.. i figured you could use the laugh. (let me know if you didnt get it though) anyway, i have some halloween pictures i will send you from school. they are very funny! i miss you and stay strong!! you are almost done! and you are the most amazing person i know!
    im sending you many many hugs!!
    -eclass
    xoxoxx

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glenna,

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glenna,

    sent you a little something today
    im thinking of you every minute,
    i know youre a strong girl.

    hello to the rest of the kohl's too. love stephanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home