Friday, December 8
Hello again. I thought I would send a quick update out. Glenna had two appointments today at MGH - one with her surgeon - the wonderful, Dr. Tanabe; and the other with a new doctor who has come into our lives: Dr. Helen Shui (an oncologist radiologist who specializes in the brain). She, too, is a wonderful, amazing doctor. Bob & I joined her at both consultations. Without getting into alot of detail (because it's late and I'm ready for bed!) The purpose of the appt's were to go over her current situation. First to discuss whether she should undergo surgery or radiation for her 2 more prominent tumors. Dr. T's answer was no, there is not good reason to remove these at this time. They are not too big or doing any harm to her. Rather to move forward with plans for other treatment options. The 2nd meeting with Dr. Shui was a lengthy, detailed discussion regarding the possibility of a suspicious spot on her brain and how to handle this. Dr. S. was extremely positive and confident that if, in fact, this is a lesion, it is so small and if growing at all, is growing so slow, that her recommendation is to wait and have another MRI in January to try to make a more definitive judgement on this issue. If it turns out to be non-related, Glenna will be able to move ahead with possible clinical trials - which ones yet are to be determined, but we have had some real help with friends and docs giving recommendations. There are many doors yet to go through.
Of all of our meetings, today's was probably the most positive and encouraging so far. We're still waiting for a miracle - but at this point, we won't be waiting long - it's now time for aggresive movement. I know we will get through this - and I hope all of you are doing your daily affirmations for Glenna.
Thank you all, so much. I'll be in touch again soon. Love & kisses, Mama Kohl
Of all of our meetings, today's was probably the most positive and encouraging so far. We're still waiting for a miracle - but at this point, we won't be waiting long - it's now time for aggresive movement. I know we will get through this - and I hope all of you are doing your daily affirmations for Glenna.
Thank you all, so much. I'll be in touch again soon. Love & kisses, Mama Kohl


5 Comments:
At 9:32 PM,
Anonymous said…
dear kohl family, JB on the road hear, just read the latest... whesh what a semi relief. will pass this on to reyna in tucson at cancer research center. i'll give a call this weekend.xoxoxox
At 12:32 PM,
Anonymous said…
Dear Glenna and Family
It was great to see JB and Amado when they were here (in Tucson). JB steered me to your blog site and so between her and your site I feel like I have been getting to know you a little. I coordinate a large skin cancer prevention grant at the Arizona Cancer Center, and work with an absolutely wonderful dermatologist who came to us by way of Boston. Her name is Clara Curiel and I wanted to pass along that she has great things to say about Dr. Tanabe, Krista Rubin, and the team. She didn't offer a suggestion about clinical trials, but her faith in your team leads me to believe that they would be the best resource for you in that area.
I wish for you and your family a wonderful holiday season...I know how much I appreciate and treasure my family and friends...and it sounds like you are all experiencing that as well.
Rayna
At 8:30 PM,
William said…
I love you baby....... i shall be home soon... day by day.... one by one......
At 8:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Glenna and clan,
I wish Sterling was next to Marstons Mills!! WAAAHHHHH I want to give you all big hugs! Love to you cutie pie and hope to talk to your Mom soon.
With fervent prayers,
LB and David
xoxoxoxoxo
At 5:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Glen . . . wading in as an advocate of bald conditions. That is true for most of us . . . although, the other day I saw a man of my age with a clean shaven head. He has an ugly head. His face was a short distance behind in ugliness. I felt he was pushing the envelope of visual polution.
People have told me that I look like Sean Connary. If so, I must have a pleasant face. JUST like you lady . . . a great face that is framed by Jaqui's best work. And you know what???????????? You are still Glenna Kohl . . . love you lady and looking forward to seeing your new top!
You ARE the best!
Got some Iraq $ from Will. Sent Rae out to school to negotiate her paper money and to boast that she is probably one of a kind with $ we print for 'saving' Iraq. His card to B&B was appreciated. Your paper chain is now shorter and I pray daily for his safe homecoming.
Peace lady . . . from Bill
Post a Comment
<< Home