Sun May 25th
I'm sorry we have been neglectful on the Blog lately but there has been reason I'm sorry to report. The week before last we visited MGH to have blood work done. The results showed her white counts low so Dr. Lawrence requested she come back this last week for the same check. There were other concerns. She still had a lot of Flem in her throat and mouth,her speech seemed a bit slurry along with extreme fatigue.This last week she was invited by her good friend Courtney to what turned out to be a historic no hitter! Amazingly she was able to stay all 9 innings. Jeanne and I picked her up the next morning at Courtney's to bring her to MGH for her appointment. She was very tired but so excited and proud of herself that she made it to the end of the game. More blood taken that morning showed that she needed a transfusion. She was given two units and a brain MRI in between.We were sent home at 7pm without the MRI results because of some thing to do with the reading not being able to be looked at . They would call tomorrow. Dr. Lawrence called with the not so good news that there was what appears to be some growth and swelling in her brain. This of course would explain many of her symptoms. He also let her know that he had been in contact with the doctors at NIH and they agreed that she should start taking Decadron (a steroid to help reduce the swelling in her brain) and to stay home; have her scans done this coming week at MGH. Tues we will go up to MGH for the scans then back Wed to talk with Dr. Lawrence..Needless to say, staying positive would be impossible for us if it wasn't for Glenna's strength and determination.
Still hopeful!!!
Capt. K
Still hopeful!!!
Capt. K


8 Comments:
At 4:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
"Once you choose hope, anything's possible!"
I really really believe that and Glenna Kohl I believe in you!
rest up & I hope you enjoyed your day in osterville! xxoo
At 4:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
"Once you choose hope, anything's possible!"
I really really believe that and Glenna Kohl I believe in you!
rest up & I hope you enjoyed your day in osterville! xxoo
At 4:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
"Once you choose hope, anything's possible!"
I really really believe that and Glenna Kohl I believe in you!
rest up & I hope you enjoyed your day in osterville! xxoo
At 10:35 AM,
Anonymous said…
Glenna, your strength and courage has gotten you so far. You are an inspiration for me and a lot of people. Keep on figthing, know that you have so many people pulling for you. Sending you my prayers.
Love
Matt Groder
At 8:49 PM,
Anonymous said…
Glenna and Family,
Please know that you have an army of folks sending strength and hope and unending prayers your way. Sarah Aasheim
At 3:22 PM,
Anonymous said…
More challenges...more prayers. Will be thinking of you all very much over these next two days and sending hope and strength. As always we are amazed by Glenna's spirit - keep up the good fight!
AK Gillespies
At 7:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
Many good thoughts and prayers to you all! Keep up the strength!
- The Ouellettes and Coffeys
At 10:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
Such a trying time for you all. Glenna, sending you prayers, and hope. You are truly an inspiration to all whose lives you touch.
Elizabeth V.
Post a Comment
<< Home