Glenna's Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Annual Piggy Trot

Hello friends,
Plans have begun for our 2nd annual masquerade ball. We are very close to finalizing the date and venue - and will get all that info out to you as soon as we have it.
We have, however, finalized the date for our 1st Piggy Trot - a 5K road race through Osterville on Cape Cod. It will take place on Sunday, May 23rd at 10 a.m. Starting point will be at Dowses Beach in Osterville. This was the beach that Glenna worked at as a lifeguard for five years. We will start and finish the race there and have a small ceremony at the end of the race to honor Glenna. We hope many of you can join us. We are also looking for sponsors. A $100 sponsorship donation to the Glenna Kohl Fund for Hope will get your company's name on our memorial T-shirt. T-shirts will be given out to all of those registered in the race, and any extras will be sold.
We are also looking for sponsors for food and drinks for the race participants (i.e. water, gatorade, granola bars, fruit, etc.). If anyone can sponsor or donate, please contact me at 508-367-9025. We will have all the details up on our website very shortly.
Looking forward to a productive year ahead and hoping you will join us to continue our journey for our cause.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I came across Glenna's Story through a facebook message I received from a friend. As I read the article I started to cry because it felt like I was reading my story. I was diagnosed with stage III melanoma at age 25. That was nearly a year ago. Since then I have had 3 surgeries. Most recent one in February.I am so glad to see the action you have taken to raise awareness about melanoma. I tell my story and educate people every chance I get not only through my personal experience but also though my nursing designation. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I would love to participate in your fund raising efforts. I was thinking of starting my own effort in my home town. Please let me know how I can help. Violetta (ambrozuk@ualberta.ca)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home